CustomJeepKK.com - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > CustomJeepKK.com

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
staubitzk
2011 KK Liberty 

CustomJeepKK.com

Created really neat website with a collection of images of modified KKs with links to the write-ups on how to do a few items. It is still a new site but has a lot of potential. Figured it was easier to see different setups then crawl the forum.

Check it out: http://www.customjeepkk.com

Unread 09-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
khalilw
2011 KK Liberty 

I LOVE IT

good job!!!!!!
khalilw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Unread 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Just in case you haven't read the discussion on LOST, here's a link to the thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=76534
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

The concept is nice. The part that seems to be driving everyone nuts is the no original content and used without permission. I am not an attorney but it appears there is some copyright infringement here. One could argue fair use but fair use implies not for profit. The ads offer a form of profit.
Get permission from the various authors and photographers. Link to the original post. Try not to get sued.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Nice
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
The concept is nice. The part that seems to be driving everyone nuts is the no original content and used without permission. I am not an attorney but it appears there is some copyright infringement here. One could argue fair use but fair use implies not for profit. The ads offer a form of profit.
Get permission from the various authors and photographers. Link to the original post. Try not to get sued.

Agree he is going about this all wrong profiting from others and doing nothing at all on his own
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

On the fence about all of this.

On one hand, I applaud the effort to "expand" the 2 site world us kk enthusiasts live in. An easy picture browsing alternative for somebody that it's perhaps trying to decide between buying a nitro and a liberty.

I wasn't upset at all finding a picture of my kk on the site. In fact, I assumed that by posting the pictures we have, they would become public domain and essentially we would have no control over their use. Not sure about the rest of you, but this is why I remove my license plates via Photoshop.

On the other hand,

The information is a little redundant, and there seems to be no way to edit it's content. For example a better method is discovered, or God forbid, some new parts become available.

I haven't been a kk owner and forum crawler for long enough to have seen the early days of the two main forums, but I'm sure the people that started them, had to make a lot of tough decisions along the way. I'm even more sure that they learned a few things along the way as well.

Instead of being so quick to judge, and offer intimidating criticism, we should be asking if there is some way we can help make it better.

Sent from my White Samsung
2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Been on KJ forums and now of course KK since 2004. I see this as a way for someone to make money for themselves from what others have done
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #10
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post

i feel like once the pics were posted here they are fair game. its a public forum, they have no watermarks or copyright claims attached.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

But there is more than just photos involved here
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #12
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

My KK isn't posted so I can't comment on that.

My only suggestion would be to post information about the types of lifts. There are several pictures of lifted Libertys but no info on which lift they are running.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #13
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

One other thing is that both sites have a wealth of knowledge and diy info. It tends to be buried on the forums so its nice to have a place where it's collected.

Unread 09-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #14
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
One other thing is that both sites have a wealth of knowledge and diy info. It tends to be buried on the forums so its nice to have a place where it's collected.

There is a thing called search that really works
plus just wait he'll fill this site up with worthless info I'm sure that only half of it is true and then you'll still be sorting through
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #15
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
There is a thing called search that really works
plus just wait he'll fill this site up with worthless info I'm sure that only half of it is true and then you'll still be sorting through
Yeah yeah... that's the typical comment that everyone makes. The search function is terrible unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.