Custom Molder Running Boards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Custom Molder Running Boards

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 07-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

Custom Molder Running Boards

I was checking websites for running boards...came across this site...

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...2008-2009.aspx

I may go for it...I am doing alot of black accents to my Libby in a few days

very tempting....just leave it black..not even paint it

imag0056.jpg  
hogowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

You don't like the good ole basic 3" round rails like these? No to mention you could save $200 and have metal strength rather than plastic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-11...Q5fAccessories
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Have you given any thought as to blacking out the chrome side trim strip on the Jeep? I am trying to figure out whether to do it on my AE KK. Of course if I recall correct you ordered the chrome tail light trim piece for your KK. I had thought about doing the same but then paint the tail light trim piece black.
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
Have you given any thought as to blacking out the chrome side trim strip on the Jeep? I am trying to figure out whether to do it on my AE KK. Of course if I recall correct you ordered the chrome tail light trim piece for your KK. I had thought about doing the same but then paint the tail light trim piece black.

No I have not thought about blacking out the trim. I do want some chrome on the car...just not too much....with the Bronze color...the black and the chrome both look great...so I am going to have some chrome and some black

PS:: I am not going to go with these running boards...like you said.....made out of plastic...right now I am not going to add running boards for the time being..want to finish my other addons before I decide which one to get,,although the ones you gave a link on ebay look sweet! and not too expensive!

Last edited by hogowner; 07-29-2011 at 03:34 PM..
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Well, I hope you hurry and get some of the aftermarket adds installed and post up some photos....It will help me choose the direction I want to head with mine.
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
88BlueGT

I would go with the round side step. Reason one, like posted above, your getting steel instead of plastic. Reason two, they're TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY ONE DOLLARS CHEAPER. There's a significant difference in price, more than double, 65% cheaper to be exact.
88BlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
88BlueGT

Nvm, just seen that you said you are not getting them.

I have factory chrome running boards on my 08 Liberty that I plan on getting rid of REAL soon for a pair of black ones. If you are interested in purchasing them send me a PM.
88BlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Have you seen a photo of the drill holes in the door handle mod? Free mod, and looks pretty good. Kind of different in a good billet way.
Unread 07-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

I just ordered the black side steps (Nerf Bars) from eBay......as soon as I get my mods done....I will post pics...

i am also going to get a nice thin pinstripe for the Libby.....nothing fancy...just an "accent" stripe...hand painted...not tape

maybe put a bit of a design around the 70th Anniversary badge
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Might I suggest doing the stripe in tape first. If you then for some reason you decide you don't care for it, either because of design or color it can be removed. If you do like the looks, then you can pull it off and have the stripe painted on for a more classic high end look.
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogowner View Post
I just ordered the black side steps (Nerf Bars) from eBay......as soon as I get my mods done....I will post pics...
OK, I am waiting to see how your black steps look on your 70th AE. I kind of wondered what the stainless would look like, since the roof rails are stainless and the door inlays are stainless.
So I went and ordered a pair of the same side rails in the Stainless.
Unread 08-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

I would have went Stainless...but then if I did, I felt like I had to get the all my "stuff" in stainless. I wanted to stay black...there is enough chrome on the Anniversary Edition already...plus I also ordered in CHROME the tail light bezels....so I think I would have a nice balance of chrome and black,,,,,well at least in my humble opinion

I will post pics when I am done
Unread 08-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #13
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I had thought about ordering the tail light trim and painting it black, but then the license plate trim piece on the back in chrome may look out of place. There is a happy medium to be found with matching the chrome and black as a combination.....just gotta find the right mix.

There was also a "Group Buy" being worked out over on the LOSTJEEP forum for purchasing the front hood Renegade decal @$69 delivered.
However it looks like the LOSTJEEP forum has CRASHED for the time being.
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
I had thought about ordering the tail light trim and painting it black, but then the license plate trim piece on the back in chrome may look out of place. There is a happy medium to be found with matching the chrome and black as a combination.....just gotta find the right mix.

There was also a "Group Buy" being worked out over on the LOSTJEEP forum for purchasing the front hood Renegade decal @$69 delivered.
However it looks like the LOSTJEEP forum has CRASHED for the time being.

I agree....I am going to go with some black and bling!! hew...what I like you may not like and visa verss..that what makes the world go round....

I spoke to my pinstriper...if you see with the picture I uploaded (not a great one) there is a tri colored band on the seatback where it has a 70th Anniversary Band. it is almost brown and green in color...I am going to get a double pinstripe....very thin...of the brown and green....and of course on the back on the opposite side where it says 4 x 4 Limited....I have to get painted a Harley Davidson Eagle Logo
imag0073.jpg  
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Should be an interesting pin stripe.
It is kind of amazing how difficult it is to get a good photo of the interior that shows the true colors. The olive looks black, the buckskin shows orange, the grey more of a charcoal. But it all comes together and complements each other very well. Heck, it has some of the best looking floor mats I have ever seen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.