Curt 18115 Roof Basket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Curt 18115 Roof Basket

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 01-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Curt 18115 Roof Basket

Anyone have this basket????
http://www.amazon.com/Curt-18115-Roo...I2R89S93VO0PQO
Main question I have is what is the diameter of the tubes. I would need to get mounting brackets for KC Lights but not sure which ones I would need. These are the ones I was assuming (or a cheaper equivalent)
http://www.amazon.com/KC-Hilites-730...=IWEPC72870AB8

Think Iam going to go with this basket. It is style that I like and you cannot beat the price. I may be able to get more durability out of a better name brand but only reason I am really getting it is to add mor lights up on the roof.

Anyone with experience with this basket with review would be greatly appreciated too!

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I have a Yakima Loadwarrior, got a sweet deal on it; I added an extension stretch kit and you can also purchase light mounts for it. I have 4 light mounts I mounted on the front. Just saving my money for a good set a lights and a professional installer. I also plan on running 2 lights in the rear and a cb antenna inbetween the rear lights on its own bracket.

Check Yakima.com. Thule has the Moab basket, but Yakima has more goodies and also the larger Megaload warrior. I think Yakima is better.
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

not sure.

seems like a hell of a deal, Ive got a garvin wilderness. Im not sure why they have it mounted to an electric car, and it looks a bit small on the rover. Im not sure, my garvin is no joke.
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
snwbdr09173
2010 KK Liberty 

Show pics if you got the setup!! would love to see it before i go for one as well!

Thanks!
snwbdr09173 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbdr09173
Show pics if you got the setup!! would love to see it before i go for one as well!

Thanks!
I actually think I'm deciding against this basket. It was a nice looking bracket for the price then I saw a car in my neighborhood that had a ROLA basket and it was very sleek looking for only about $30 more than the Curt. I have another thread on here to get feedback on that basket and another member actually posted with his KK and the ROLA an it really looked sweet.

Take a look at that one, you may also change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Garvin Wildereness

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
I actually think I'm deciding against this basket. It was a nice looking bracket for the price then I saw a car in my neighborhood that had a ROLA basket and it was very sleek looking for only about $30 more than the Curt. I have another thread on here to get feedback on that basket and another member actually posted with his KK and the ROLA an it really looked sweet.

Take a look at that one, you may also change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
On Rocky Road Rails. Puttin Kc daylighters up topx2 and slimlites on bumper this weekend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.