Corrosion of flipper glass hinges - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Corrosion of flipper glass hinges

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, Skids

Unread 02-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
adKyaK08
2008 KK Liberty 

Corrosion of flipper glass hinges

My hinges have been nonfunctional for months now while I've tried to track down replacements. The glass has just been duct taped on and I'm getting sick of it being that way. Chrysler says they don't have that specific part and I'd have to order the whole window. I asked the safelite guy when he replaced my windshield and he said that's not true... I've had no luck with the Internet or salvage yards in my area. Does anyone have any insight on this for me? Anyone else have this problem and fix it?

Unread 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

I'm sorry, I am using my iPhone app so don't know how to copy a link to another post, but this has been discussed in a previous thread. Do a quick scroll through the KK postings and you should find it.

I do t recall the suggestions, but hopefully you can find an it will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would tend to believe that while the glass is available without the hinges, the hinges may not be available without the glass from the dealer. The KK is too new to be in salvage yards so you wont be able to go that route. You'll probably have to pony up for the whole thing.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot
I would tend to believe that while the glass is available without the hinges, the hinges may not be available without the glass from the dealer. The KK is too new to be in salvage yards so you wont be able to go that route. You'll probably have to pony up for the whole thing.
Never say never, fortunately there are plenty of people who cannot drive so I am sure there are plenty of KK's that have been totaled out in collisions.

Unread 02-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
adKyaK08
2008 KK Liberty 

Very true. I had a guy in a brand new Audi Q something creep up to my bumper while I was pumping gas not too long ago. We touched and he just kept trying to creep forward. Upon confrontation he blamed it on his car and said he "didn't hear the warning system beep". People. Am I right?

Anyways, I've got a couple more places to call today. Otherwise I'll have to jimmy something up for it...or just rock the black duct tape indefinitely. Thanks for the help.
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Good luck. If I come cross anything I will let ya know.

Unread 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
BlackDonnelly
2008 KK Liberty 

Just had this happen yesterday. The hinges are available seperate from the glass. The problem? Back-ordered North America wide until October...maybe. There are no aftermarket hinges that I can find. I feel your pain, I'm currently in the black gorilla tape myself and I f*ing hate it. Frustrating as hell.

Part No. is 57010060-AB. Good luck.
BlackDonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.