Cooper Discoverer Cts or Michelin Latitude Cross? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Cooper Discoverer Cts or Michelin Latitude Cross?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Cooper Discoverer Cts or Michelin Latitude Cross?

Hi Folks!

I am planning to change my stock tyres (goodyear eagle) with tyres which I could use them at all weather conditions. My stock tyres were 235/60r18, so I think I will have the same size. So, I have found the tyres Michelin Latitude Cross and Cooper Discoverer Cts, however I am little bit confused. Are there anyone has an experience with these tyres. I like quite tyres and I use my Jeep Liberty (2011) 75% on road and 25% off road.

Best

Attorney58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

I have not run Cooper Discoverer's before but have run Coopers on other vehicles and I was NOT impressed with them. Very noisy and prone to vibration. Michelin's are a solid brand. Pricey here in the US, but tend to perform great.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Any other insights would be appreciated
Unread 03-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

These two tires are touring tires and probably should not be taken off-road. 25% off-road seems to be a lot... 1 out 4 miles? These two tires are going to suck real bad if that's the case.

We may be need more about info to help you out. What type of offroad? Snow? Lots of rain or no rain? Mud? Etc...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using JeepForum
Unread 03-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I ran Cooper Discoverer A/T3's for about 40,000 miles and they were very good on and off road. A summer of extreme off-roading eventually killed them, but I bet they would be fine for what you need. They would be tougher than a touring tire. My gas mileage was unaffected by the more aggressive tread design, and the Jeep handled much better in rain and snow and dirt than with the stock all season radials.
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert View Post
These two tires are touring tires and probably should not be taken off-road. 25% off-road seems to be a lot... 1 out 4 miles? These two tires are going to suck real bad if that's the case.

We may be need more about info to help you out. What type of offroad? Snow? Lots of rain or no rain? Mud? Etc...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using JeepForum
Hello! I would like to use them for off-roads during the all season, especially, on dry weather conditions.

Actually, I would like to have ATR type tyres, however, I could not find this kind of tyres with 18 inc, so I have focused on these two tires.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.