Constant Clicking noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Constant Clicking noise

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 03-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
NedleyC

Constant Clicking noise

HI ALL:
I guess I'm the newbie here but I do have a question and maybe some help. I have a 2008 KK with a skyslider. No I don't have a wind noise issue. BUT I do have this constant clicking or geiger counter noise coming from the area by the pushbuttons that open the skyslider. Some sunroof, dealer, installer thought it had something to do with the fact that ¾ of top was gone, and this noise was frame flex. Does anyone have a similar issue with the skysliders???? I drives my (better ½) nuts.. And we were able to fix the noise issues with 2 ¼ round gaskets installed under the gasket in the front. He just lifted the lip of the existing gasket and tucked these 2 rolled gasket under.. now when the top(front) closes, it seals the original tight. and noise issue went away. and we ran it through a car wash with high pressure overhead and no leaks. Hope this might help someone with similar issues.

Ned C:

NedleyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Just an FYI you really should not run the skyslider through any high pressure car washes
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
NedleyC

I understand and thanks

for the input. I had to find out if this fix created a bigger problem.

Again thanks.

Ned C
NedleyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.