Considering '09 or '10 KK. Need some help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Considering '09 or '10 KK. Need some help.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
sebush3

Considering '09 or '10 KK. Need some help.

Hello all. I'm seriously considering a used '09 or new '10 KK as I move back into the 4x4 world. I've read a few other posts by others considering these models but I have a few questions I hope I can get some help with.

I'm trying to decide between the Limited vs. the Sport. My main reasons for going with the Limited would be to get leather seats, MyGig Nav package, and steering wheel audio controls; but I really don't want any of the chrome and it's hard to find the Limiteds without it.

Any of you out there with cloth seats and dogs have any problem getting dog hair off the seats? Also, any problems with them staining easily?

As far as the Nav, anyone out there successfully installed the MyGig unit intended for the Limited in the Sport, or would the recommendation be to get an aftermarket in dash Nav?

Any real advantage to getting a new '10 vs. a used '09?

Other than that my biggest concern is the negative things I hear/read about the reliability of the Jeep Liberty. I can't tell if the the overall sentiment is negative b/c only those who have problems actually post/write about them, while those without any problems don't.

I've been debating b/t the KK, XTerra, and Mariner for about 6 months. I always come back to the KK, but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet b/c of the concerns mentioned above (especially the reliability issue).

Any info would be a big help. Thanks.

sebush3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

The KK will not ride like a Mariner because its built to Off Road while the Mariner is not. Also the KK has a true Low Gear for Off Roading and a Solid Rear Axle while the Mariner does not. The only difference between the 09 and 10 that i can think of is the Lifetime PowerTrain, but thats only for New 09, not used. Mine has a couple small problems over the past 30K but nothing to worry about at all. If you want the leather and Nav youd be best to go with the Limited. You could theoretically purchse Sport/Black Side Moldings and a Grill if you didnt like them. I might actually have mine laying around if you wanted to purchase them. Id need to look
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
gb0413

i asked myself the same question about the negativity you hear and read. I ended up going with the '10 KK and i absolutely love the car. haven't done any of the mods and i have the sport with most options less the leather, in-dash navi, etc but they are super nice cars. there were minor changes to the '10 liberty as apposed to the '09, i believe they were suspension/handling changes. take one for a test drive and see if you like it.
gb0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #4
T-birdJunkie
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb0413 View Post
i asked myself the same question about the negativity you hear and read. I ended up going with the '10 KK and i absolutely love the car. haven't done any of the mods and i have the sport with most options less the leather, in-dash navi, etc but they are super nice cars. there were minor changes to the '10 liberty as apposed to the '09, i believe they were suspension/handling changes. take one for a test drive and see if you like it.
Just FYI, every time you call your Jeep a car, it makes Baby Jesus cry

Take a look at the majority of the threads here - the only ones that have chronic issues with their Jeeps are the ones that call them cars...just wanna make sure you start out right
T-birdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #5
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Lmao...............
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
gb0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-birdJunkie View Post
Just FYI, every time you call your Jeep a car, it makes Baby Jesus cry

Take a look at the majority of the threads here - the only ones that have chronic issues with their Jeeps are the ones that call them cars...just wanna make sure you start out right

haha, your right...although i clearly didn't make any complaints, actually the exact opposite, this is my first jeep/suv so naturally the word car comes out easier. Definitely does not ride like a car, and agreed that calling it one is un-american lol
gb0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
jeepster09
2009 KK Liberty 

had an 08 KK Limited, now have an 09 Limited with every single option. Love them both, because are close to XJ. have not had any problems whatsoever with either. Personally, I like the chrome, gives it some POP, I even added chrome door handles
jeepster09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
lakespeedy
2014 JK Wrangler 

You can buy leather seating from Mopar if you really want it.

Mopar.com eStore - Find a Item
Unread 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
XJdriver90
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I love my KK just got a trail rated sport, it drives really nice, not bouncing around as much like i did in my cherokee.
XJdriver90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.