concerns.. give input! just purchased a Aniversary Edition sports Jeep Liberty 2011 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > concerns.. give input! just purchased a Aniversary Edition sports Jeep Liberty 2011

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 03-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
alibak

deleted

deleted----

Last edited by alibak; 03-28-2011 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: deleted ... privacy reasons.. thanks for your understanding.
alibak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

2012 will not have a new tranny/engine from what ive seen. they are going to keep it the same till 2013 when there will be no more jeep liberty as we know it.
my wife drives the liberty and she loves it, when i wanted to switch her to is250awd she said no. i personally love the jeep as well. regarding your deal.. i dunno, the grass is always greener on the other side. my car is 3 years old and i dont really have any extra engine noise or tranny problems. liberty is a safe car, cant say the same for reliability, but its not bad in that department either.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
allskiing

Did you test drive it before you bought it? If so why did you not notice all the things you dislike about it then? Did you price shop at different dealers? Sounds like a learning experience for you. Always do your homework....even more so when your spending a large amount of money.
allskiing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

"Now, I felt that it was pulling teeth asking the guy for information about the car. They seemed not knowing or acting like not knowing!! I asked them about the loud engine noise... there was no comment."

Come Monday, if and when you bring all this up to your dealer, you're going to learn the true meaning of "Huh?"
az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

I am quite happy with my J-lib, my only beef is the gas mileage and "lack of power" ..... But I love the rumble sound on start up and digging up that patch of land in the back of the mall

I am not trying to blow smoke up your a$$ but your first mistake was trying to get answerw form those idiots, you should have taken it for a test drive and ask satan (salesman) those seem questions. Hope you got it resolved on monday .... let us know what happened
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

test drive is def a must when you buy a car. also i drove the liberty 2nite and i havent really see any dead spots. has same ones as any other car. wrangler with the hardtop has a bigger one imho
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

I thought the Jeep had almost 0 blind spots, but I guess everyone is different.

What slip did you sign? Did you sign something saying you just left with a deposit on the vehicle? If you have a dealer plate and not a temporary tag I would say that you havent bought the Jeep yet and are just borrowing it.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

1. There is currently a $2500 rebate in your area. Plus $500 if you finance through Ally.
2. You actually expected a salesperson to know about the vehicle? They don't care about the vehicles, they just want them gone and their commission check.
3. The Liberty is a brick. It will allow you to hear wind noise. It is an SUV. Sounds like you didn't test drive it, in which case, is your own personal problem.
4. Did you sign the application for title for the Liberty and sign over the title of your trade? If so, you are stuck, better learn to enjoy it.
5. Hard to maneuver?! The Liberty is one of the most easy to maneuver vehicles I have ever driven. Turns on a dime, better than some cars around its size, has almost zero blind spots (where you are getting this from I have NO clue), and gets good safety ratings. How is this unsafe? Are you guys the kind of people who just look in the rearview mirror? THAT is unsafe, and I see it all the time, when reversing, ALWAYS TURN YOUR BODY/HEAD and look out the rear window yourself.

What are you used to driving?
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

is it 4wd? do you have the tow package - if so, it's gonna be a little louder than the fwd models due to the engine cooler.
sloan74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt View Post
2. You actually expected a salesperson to know about the vehicle? They don't care about the vehicles, they just want them gone and their commission check.
we're not all like that. in fact, it's steryotypes like that that make car buying the nightmare that it can be. some of us actually DO care about our customers, and DO know about the vehicles. not all, but more than you think. so please keep this in mind the next time you feel like throwing out a blanket insult.

as for the OP, i left you a post in your other thread, and also sent you a pm with my contact info. you're less than an hour from me, give me a call when you get a moment, and i can help you get out of your liberty, and also help you find something else.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
allskiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt View Post
1. There is currently a $2500 rebate in your area. Plus $500 if you finance through Ally.
3. The Liberty is a brick. It will allow you to hear wind noise. It is an SUV. Sounds like you didn't test drive it, in which case, is your own personal problem.
4. Did you sign the application for title for the Liberty and sign over the title of your trade? If so, you are stuck, better learn to enjoy it.
5. Hard to maneuver?! The Liberty is one of the most easy to maneuver vehicles I have ever driven. Turns on a dime, better than some cars around its size, has almost zero blind spots (where you are getting this from I have NO clue), and gets good safety ratings. How is this unsafe? Are you guys the kind of people who just look in the rearview mirror? THAT is unsafe, and I see it all the time, when reversing, ALWAYS TURN YOUR BODY/HEAD and look out the rear window yourself.

What are you used to driving?
I agree with everything but the one point you make about turning your head. I have driven all types of big truck in my life and I usually use the side mirrors. It does take practice but once you got it you never have to turn around.
allskiing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

I am curious too know what happened when you went back to the dealership? saw you deleted the post.
Unread 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

guy is a hater, who cares, "blind spots" my a$$
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 04-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
guy is a hater, who cares, "blind spots" my a$$
lol.... I was skeptical about that whole post...... who buys a car without test driving it first?
Actually, when I went to buy my libby, I was hurried out to the lot for a test drive, he was all happy and ready to deal after I drove it and said " I will take her home with me".

Went into his office, and he said " how are gonna finance this, through your bank or our finance company?", I told him, give me a purchase order, I will take it to my credit union." He said " I cannot do that sir..... tell you what, let me talk to my boss and see what he have to say." he came back 5 minutes later, " do you have your credit union fax number? We can fax it to them."

To make a long story short, I got the $1500 rebate, free mats and a liberty with 000003 miles on it.
It was faxed to my CU, before I left the hellhole (dealership) I wrote down the entire vin number. After work, I picked up a cashiers check from the cu

Got there and he was giving me nasty look, ,he asked me If I want to speak to his boss, I said nah, I don't have a fire extinguisher and my cross is on the dresser. he give me this look

Drove off and never looked back
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

yeah i did pretty much the same thing, my CU gave me a much better deal then the stealership. but when i went to the dealer i already made an informed decision, knowing what kind of car im buying, its positive and negatives sides including rebates and discounts etc. what this guy did was ummmm... not too smart, and *****ing and complaining here like he did is no bueno. its not dealers fault a guy walks in, buys the car without even test driving it and then tries to return it due to "engine and wind noise and blind spots". its a jeep, want a quiet suv, go get a crv or rav4 and b happy with it.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.