Colorado KKs help needed, getting over passes a struggle... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Colorado KKs help needed, getting over passes a struggle...

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerist View Post
Geesh, been three days (the weekend) which was spent actually outside doing stuff vs sittin in the office in front of the computer where I actually have time to check the site. And especially since it wasn't a pressing matter, its nice to give it time and get a bunch of feedback. sooo yea..... chill

I just get in the slow lane and enjoy the view.....saddly I don't have to do that everyday.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to see that we can all take a joke here... sometimes ppl get all bent out of shape! Yea I try to do the same thing now, but I hate it when a minivan packed with 7 kids blows by me!! and i also get bummed that she slows down to 50 in 3rd gear. Its not like i'm towing anything
Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Apparently I haven't commented on this issue yet.
I'd clean the throttle body and double check the tire pressure.
Without a doubt the even slightly larger tires will play a role.
The computer on these KK's is far from perfect, and it seems to love to be in 3rd gear rather than 4th when around 45 with a slight incline. I've learned to just go with the flow when the rpms go over 2K. Just keep the rpms steady when they do jump up especially if you know by now that on a certain hill it won't stay in 4th.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
Apparently I haven't commented on this issue yet.
I'd clean the throttle body and double check the tire pressure.
Without a doubt the even slightly larger tires will play a role.
The computer on these KK's is far from perfect, and it seems to love to be in 3rd gear rather than 4th when around 45 with a slight incline. I've learned to just go with the flow when the rpms go over 2K. Just keep the rpms steady when they do jump up especially if you know by now that on a certain hill it won't stay in 4th.
No hills out here,just big a** mountains.You have no chance staying in 4th,let alone 3rd in most cases going up some of the passes here that crest at 11,000+ feet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.