Cobra 75 WX ST - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Cobra 75 WX ST

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Cobra 75 WX ST

Hey guys....to any and all who have installed the Cobra 75 in their KK.....i am planning on installing the junction box in the shift knob compartment. My question. Is where did you guys wire it up?? Did you wire it direct or connect a auxiliary plug for the outlet? If you did wire it directly, where, what and how did you connect them?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
KK4x4
2009 KK Liberty 

I wired mine to a thick blue wire under the dash on the drivers side...if you use that BE CAREFUL there is a thinner blue wire. Don't know what the thinner one does but I know the one I'm using works and the key has to be in the position where it's before you start the truck(don't remember if its on or run)and it works just fine
KK4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK4x4 View Post
I wired mine to a thick blue wire under the dash on the drivers side...if you use that BE CAREFUL there is a thinner blue wire. Don't know what the thinner one does but I know the one I'm using works and the key has to be in the position where it's before you start the truck(don't remember if its on or run)and it works just fine
Wouln't happen to have any pictures would ya?
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
KK4x4
2009 KK Liberty 

Well I could but its too dark now and don't know how to post pix on here yet
KK4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I wired mine to an auxiliary fuse panel that I put under the dash, which draws power directly from the battery. Here is a writeup I made over on LOST. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=45&t=72386
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I wired mine to an auxiliary fuse panel that I put under the dash, which draws power directly from the battery. Here is a writeup I made over on LOST. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=45&t=72386
great idea, however i am not very electronically inclined so im not sure i would even attempt this. however, i did wire my lights up........and get this....they actually turned on! I was simply AMAZED!
Unread 04-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Excellent!
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

You can run both hot (+, red) & ground (-, black) wires direct from the radio to the Jeep battery through the circular rubber grommit that is in the firewall behind and to the left of the steering wheel. Wiring your radio direct to the battery will eliminate electrical interference from other circuits that you might otherwise tap into. I had my CB wired direct to the battery before building my fuse panel, and I had an in-line fuse holder (5 amp fuse will do) on the power wire a few inches from the battery just as a precaution.

The reason I built my aux fuse panel was that I eventually had too many accessories all wired to the battery this way (CB, trailer lights, additional power outlet, etc.) and wanted to simplify what had become a can of worms.
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

I hear ya there. Thats pretty much how i ran yhe radio. I grounded it under the shifter panel and ran the pos feed through that gromit that you are referring to. Eventually i want to run the pos feed to a wire under the dash when i can figure out which one

I ran the bumper lights to the fuse panel under the hood instead of battery simply because i didn't really want wires wrapped around the battery.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.