Clutch issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Clutch issue

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
19hank75

Clutch issue

2008 with 28k miles, within in the last 5k miles the clutch pops out of first gear. It doesnt happen every time but when it does happen it's a loud violent jerk of the vehicle, so much so that my heart always races. The first time it happened to us we seriously thought we were rearended. It obviously happens when taking off from stoplights/signs. Anyway I have never had a vehicle do this to me, so my question is does anyone else have this problem or ever heard of such problem with this vehicle or any vehicle for that matter.

19hank75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19hank75 View Post
2008 with 28k miles, within in the last 5k miles the clutch pops out of first gear. It doesnt happen every time but when it does happen it's a loud violent jerk of the vehicle, so much so that my heart always races. The first time it happened to us we seriously thought we were rearended. It obviously happens when taking off from stoplights/signs. Anyway I have never had a vehicle do this to me, so my question is does anyone else have this problem or ever heard of such problem with this vehicle or any vehicle for that matter.
There is a TSB for this.Check the shifter boot and make sure its not binding:

Make : JEEP Model : LIBERTY Year : 2008
Manufacturer : CHRYSLER GROUP LLC
Service Bulletin Number : SB-21-001-10 Date of Bulletin : APR 20, 2010
NHTSA Item Number : 10034229
Component : POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Summary :
JEEP: MANUAL TRANSMISSION POPS OUT OF GEAR. THE TRANSMISSION POPS OUT OF FIRST GEAR WHILE ACCELERATING. THE CONDITION, MAY OCCUR INTERMITTENTLY AND MAY BE DIFFICULT TO DIAGNOSE. VERIFY THAT THE SHIFT BOOT IS NOT CAUSING THE ISSUE BY ENSURING THE BOOT IS NOT BINDING WHEN IN FIRST GEAR. *PE
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
19hank75

WOW, thats interesting. I googled that TSB and found many others having the same issue. Thanks for the reply it really helped
19hank75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19hank75 View Post
WOW, thats interesting. I googled that TSB and found many others having the same issue. Thanks for the reply it really helped
No problem,I hope you get your fixed.Good Luck
richd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.