Climate Control Failsafe? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Climate Control Failsafe?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
MaddogJKU
2010 KK Liberty 

Climate Control Failsafe?

2010 Limited with Auto Temp Control. Only the temperature knob has any effect. Even turning the system off, it still blows, like on Medium, and the temperature is the only change I can make. Computer failure? Wondered about unhooking the battery for a minute might reset it? Nothing else seems to be wrong or not working. Anyone help me out in what to start with-hope not to end up at the stealership.
Many thanks.

Unread 12-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
cke91082

2010 = warrantee? How many miles do you have? Same happened to me but it was replaced for free
cke91082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

This from You tube and explains how to use Auto-Climate control,I have it on my Chrysler 200,and have no problems!:

richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
MaddogJKU
2010 KK Liberty 

System had been working fine. Just turned 41M. Found 3 possible fuses that could turn off the juice to the HVAC system. Pulled them, and reinserted 10 seconds later, and everything seems to have rebooted and working like before. Gremlin in the 12 Volt? All is well.
Thanks!
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
MaddogJKU
2010 KK Liberty 

Still problems with auto temp.

Now the EVIC only shows 0 degree outside temp. The blower only runs at one speed, the temp seems set and not adjustable. Setting to manual, or turning the HVAC off have no effect.
I've pulled fuses, and disconnected the positive battery terminal for 6 minutes. Made no effect. I suspect it's now time to see the dealer unless one of the Jeep GURU'S know of something I can do or check.
Thanks for the responses.
Paul
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Well, here is the good and bad news.... Had the same issue, same approx. mileage, same year... The unit seems locked up. Air comes out, but one speed and auto or manual has no effect. Bet you that when you press the A/C button the A/C indicator lamp will blink....

Good News... The computer is contained in the climate control unit itself, not part of a remote module.

Bad News... You will need to replace the control module. Mine had a bumper to bumper warranty still in effect, so covered.

The part is 55111955AC, List price $132.00 plus a core charge... on parts sites I use, one was at $92.20 plus core charge, the other $105.60 plus core charge. So not that huge of an expense but still not one you should have at 40K miles.....

I didn't do mine but see it as a super easy DIY. Remove the center stack trim. Unbolt the control unit and unplug. Plug in the new one.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.