CLeaning raised white lettering on OEM Goodyears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > CLeaning raised white lettering on OEM Goodyears

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

CLeaning raised white lettering on OEM Goodyears

I saw this mentioned on another thread, but can't find it so..................

For $3.99 for a 32 oz. spray bottle of Westley's Bleche Wite tire cleaner at Auto ZOne, I got my scuffed-up, dull tire lettering looking like new in about 1/2 hour. Just spray it liberally directly on the lettering (careful! keep it off your aluminum wheel rims!), let it "cook" for a few minutes, spray on some water from another spray bottle to rinse, and wipe it off. Job done! Have plenty of clean rags or shop towels handy -- they'll get real dirty. I used a rag to "dam" the spray runoff from dribbling down on my rims. I didn't use rubber gloves as recommended on the bottle, but could feel the stuff causing a slight burning on some fingers. Wash your hands liberally after using, and don't rub your eyes before you do

This will give you as much satisfaction as cleaning your windshield.

az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
_METAL_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I use that stuff all the time works amazing but i spray it on and then scrub it with a brush real quick and then spray it all off with the hose. Either way great product
Sienna Jeep Club Member #28
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
_METAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
mwegryn
2010 KK Liberty 

Great stuff, It's the only thing to use to get white lettering or whitewalls clean!
mwegryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
gornoman
2006 WK 

It also loosens brake dust on the rims, and removes road scum from the entire sidewall. It's just a bleach solution and hasn't harmed my Jeep alloys for 3 years. Spray it on the whole tire/wheel assembly, scrub-in the tires with a brush, sponge off the wheels, rinse well.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.