Change oil message - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Change oil message

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Change oil message

The last oil change I did myself, its been about 2500 miles 5w 20 Valvoline Synthetic if it matters, with a Napa gold filter.

It got cold here in Texas not long ago and after the jeep sat in my garage for 4 straight days of ice and sub freezing temps...the change oil message pops up when I start up. It does it every time I start up. I checked and the level is fine, looks ok as well, as in not black and nasty looking.

What I want to know is if this is because its been cold that its doing this? Was I suppose to reset something when I changed it last? I have never seen this message, I just always changed it when miles were up. So what makes it trip to tell you its time to change your oil? I just dont want it to cause problems.

rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
nws2002
2011 KK Liberty 

It's easy to reset. Just turn the key to on, not start just on, and push slowly on the gas pedal three times, then turn to off.

The engine computer calculates oil changes based on driving habits and other factors. It does not have a sensor that directly looks at the oil.
nws2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

I actually remembered for the first time to reset the message when I did my oil the other day.
Not sure how accurate it is, just don't be a dummy and change it when it's needed.
I was also a bit worried the first time I saw that message after changing my oil.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I find that it pops up whenever you change your oil and don't reset it. Not sure why, I also noticed some places don't reset it unless you have the message popping up(for those of you that don't change your own oil).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.