Center console lid question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Center console lid question

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Probably two different companies making them depending on if they are plastic or leather. My sport opens all the way. Big deal. Don't sit on it when its open

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Probably two different companies making them depending on if they are plastic or leather. My sport opens all the way. Big deal. Don't sit on it when its open
It shouldn't be a big deal. Wouldn't be surprised if someone can get creative and make it not open all the way.
My last car did the same thing and it ended up braking eventually after all the years of use. It was a 1977... but this could still be a part we might want to customize to work better.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #18
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepLibertyKK View Post
Here is a photo of a 2011 Limited. Note the angle of the console lid when open and the lack of stress on the lid and console.
My 2010 Limited hinge looks just like the 2011 Limited pictured.

I opened mine and looked, thinking what the heck is all the fuss about....

Seeing the other pictures, now I know.
josworth is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #19
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

2011 Sport. I noticed right off when I bought the thing that I have the crap set up. It won't be long now for it to tare through the vinyl and open to 180 degrees.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #20
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
It shouldn't be a big deal. Wouldn't be surprised if someone can get creative and make it not open all the way.
My last car did the same thing and it ended up braking eventually after all the years of use. It was a 1977... but this could still be a part we might want to customize to work better.
Wouldn't be too hard. You can do it similar to the wrangler doors. Attach a string or piston to the top and the bin. Or you can make it more difficult and make a new hinge
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #21
nike4674
2011 KK Liberty 

I'm going to rig something up. Can't be to hard. Home-depot should have something to work with that looks factory.
nike4674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #22
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Wouldn't be too hard. You can do it similar to the wrangler doors. Attach a string or piston to the top and the bin. Or you can make it more difficult and make a new hinge
Good idea. Some type of string or cord and couple of screws should do the trick.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #23
JeepLibertyKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Based on the pictures I posted, sure, it's not a 'big deal', as some have suggested... that is, until the console or lid cracks and splits, which at some point it will.

The simple solution is to just hold and support the lid when open, and don't allow it to open so far as to put all the weight on the back edge of the lid. Just seems weird that Jeep had a great design for 2010 & 2011 models, and then either switched designs or had a different design for different trim models, as mentioned for the leather interior.

Will be interesting to see if someone here comes up with a practical solution that we can implement.
Unread 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #24
bsad67
2012 KK Liberty 

Has anyone done a fix on the 2012 yet?? Mine is broke and falls back to 180 deg. and is putting alot of presure on the plastic
http://www.forjeepsonly.com/jeep-forum/showthread.php?108-Member-from-FABO
bsad67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #25
NAMoulton
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsad67 View Post
Has anyone done a fix on the 2012 yet?? Mine is broke and falls back to 180 deg. and is putting alot of presure on the plastic
Install a door hinge?...I've been looking to do that since mine is also half broken
Unread 09-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #26
bsad67
2012 KK Liberty 

The cable idea sounds best, just not sure if the mounting points are strong enough.. Hummm might have to try something. If it works I'll let you guys know..
http://www.forjeepsonly.com/jeep-forum/showthread.php?108-Member-from-FABO
bsad67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #27
glockk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsad67 View Post
The cable idea sounds best, just not sure if the mounting points are strong enough.. Hummm might have to try something. If it works I'll let you guys know..
:crickets:

New in these here parts, just got me a 2012KK and investigating some issues...
glockk12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.