car seat doesnt fit? any recomendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > car seat doesnt fit? any recomendations?

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 04-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
drballard33
2011 WK 

car seat doesnt fit? any recomendations?

My wife and I are expecting our first child next month and I installed the car seat rearward facing in the back passanger side. In order to get it to fit I had to push the front passanger seat all of the way forward and as upright as possible. It makes it very difficult for anyone to fit in the passanger seat safely, I would imagine the front passanger seat is so close that in the event of an accident it would be very unsafe. Its not a huge car seat, a basic Graco seat. Is this what others with car seats are seeing? Any recomendations?

drballard33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
hal2814
2003 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drballard33 View Post
My wife and I are expecting our first child next month and I installed the car seat rearward facing in the back passanger side. In order to get it to fit I had to push the front passanger seat all of the way forward and as upright as possible. It makes it very difficult for anyone to fit in the passanger seat safely, I would imagine the front passanger seat is so close that in the event of an accident it would be very unsafe. Its not a huge car seat, a basic Graco seat. Is this what others with car seats are seeing? Any recomendations?
The only advice I can give you is to return the one you have if you can and go in with a tape measure to see what will fit. And measure ALL of them. Don't be surprised if some of the bigger seats actually have a smaller footprint when installed. We ended up with the Evenflo Discovery in our XJ. Even with it we had to adjust the handle to point downward to get it to fit in our backseat and still carry a passenger up front.
hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
Seeks
2008 KK Liberty 

For our grandchild we bought a Graco My Ride 65. In rear facing mode we anchor it in the middle of the back seat. It just fits between the two front seats even when they are positioned back.
Seeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
justjeepinorfw

In my wife's 2003 Liberty we had the same problem and had to put the rear facing seat in the middle.

The passenger could always ride in back (behind the driver).
Unread 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
amike_321
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My car seat was installed in the middle seat rear facing. 2008 liberty. Once chap was old enough to turn forward facing we moved it to the passenger side. These KK's are tight in the rear seat area anyhow.
amike_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
R0LLM0DL

i have the same problem. but i wasnt about to sacrifice my baby for the truck. so basically if u wanna sit in the passanger seat your gunna be moved forward. the only other seats we found werent as good as my bigger graco.
Unread 04-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
IslandHound

Might buy a jeep

Thanks for all of the helpful info, including the photo!!!! I have a 2yr old and a 6 month old, and was kinda worried about room for car seats. I havent decided if i am going to buy a rubicon or sahara. I have heard that the Rubicons are over priced. Decisions deciosons. I have a 2007 Chevy 4 door silverado LTZ Z71, pro comp lift, tires, and wheels. I am struggling to let it go. I need some support!
IslandHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.