Can someone please help me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Can someone please help me

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Can someone please help me

I am constantly having the abs, esp, traction control and service 4wd light come on while driving and the brake pulses sometimes but they go away after i turn the car off and then turn it back on. I have to get it fixed and have been trying to find an answer and i cant find any. Im trying to avoid the stealership and it isnt working. Anyone have a resolution to this?

image-785779739.jpg  
redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

How about some info? Year? Lifted? and anything else you can think of.
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002
How about some info? Year? Lifted? and anything else you can think of.
2010 liberty limited, about 60k, no lift nothing i can think of that would have caused this. I bought the car used about a year ago and have babied it
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Slayers
2008 KK Liberty 

The ABS and traction control lights could be the sign of a bad speed sensor.

I am not sure if that could also be causing the 4x4 light to turn on also but there is always a chance.

Your best bet would be to find someone with a scaner and have them check for codes everytime that turns on it should throw and store a code in the PCM
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

I will have to have mine checked. It started this today.
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
Edwardkain
2008 KK Liberty 

hey buddy am having the same, I can tell you how its happening in your vehicle, try this steer your steering wheel to any end till you can turn no more and drive the car, you will have a possibility of these lights to come out on, the cause is either the front ball joints in the lower and upper controlling arms or the steering wheel assembly is loose a little bit or unbalanced wheels. in any of these conditions the car will read a problem with the car alignment and will shut down these services right away because if it keep running they will steer the vehicle in wrong direction automatically and will not allow you to steer up ahead and this will defiantly cause an accident so this thing is for your own safety

So First go and check your wheels alignment and make sure that the steering wheel and the tires are at 0 degree, and than check that there is no loose in the steering wheel assembly and the end tie road are exactly fit and tightened well.

I hope it will help
Edwardkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

I had the code read and they said it was the driver side rear speed sensor. I took it out cleaned it and have not had the problem yet for about 50miles. Crossing my fingers
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

sounds like you fixed it
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.