Came here for some advice - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Came here for some advice

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #46
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
IMO the exterior on the Limiteds are a little gaudy.
Agreed. I don't like the wheels or the chrome. I love my sport, I'd just try to find a sport with the options you want. I've seen some sports that actually have some really cool options. Just look through what the different options are beforehand cuz they're usually extremely expensive to add later. I thought mine had the uconnect system because there is a button for it and all, and what looks like a mic by the mirror. When I found out I didn't have it I called the dealer to have the software installed, they said they wanted $600 and I said I wanted a flying unicorn that shoots lasers out of its horn. So we didn't make a deal.

Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #47
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalilw
Limited has rear parking sensors (for the ladys) , individual tire pressure monitor, skid plates, tow hooks, extra coolers, uconnect, 17'' tires (16'' are better size but the stock 17 are prettier IMO), chromed grill, leather seats and a seat-and-mirror's memory system. At least that's the way it is here in Venezuela.
Out here in colorado I don't think I've ever seen a limited with tow hooks, I think they're offered in a special package with the skid plates or something but can't say for sure.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #48
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalilw View Post
Limited has rear parking sensors (for the ladys) , individual tire pressure monitor, skid plates, tow hooks, extra coolers, uconnect, 17'' tires (16'' are better size but the stock 17 are prettier IMO), chromed grill, leather seats and a seat-and-mirror's memory system. At least that's the way it is here in Venezuela.
Wow your Limiteds come LOADED. Those have basically every option!

I agree with JoeyC99. Try to get whatever options you want, as most are expensive/impossible to install later. Basically skids you can instal later, tow hooks later, tow/haul package later(you'll be missing the mechanical fan and hitch without it, both can be installed for about $400 buying the parts and installing yourself), fog lights can be done later, etc.

Honestly, I have a pretty basic Sport 4x4 with just the skyslider. My only regret as far as options was not getting the evic. But if we wanna talk regrets, I also regret not having a job at the time and putting more money down with my parents to get a 4 door Wrangler, so I chuck it up as a loss and save for that Wrangler lol
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #49
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Look for a renegade. It has a lot of the limited stuff plus hooks and skids. You do not want to instal the fuel tank skid, it's a pain.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #50
phatal27

Im not gonna lie, I have leather seats and I love them, but I don't need to have them. As long as it has aux and a cd player I think I should be good. Yeah those stock 17's are nice. The chrome grill is kinda eh... As long as I don't get the bare bone I think it should be good.
phatal27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #51
phatal27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Look for a renegade. It has a lot of the limited stuff plus hooks and skids. You do not want to instal the fuel tank skid, it's a pain.

Im not a fan of the front end on the older ones so thats automatically out.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #52
phatal27

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0

Considering this one... Im not gonna lie though, I would LOVE to have a green one, or white.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #53
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

That looks like a nice one, especially with 1 owner and it comes with maintenance records. I do think you could negotiate the price down a bit. I got my 2008 with similar options and only 24K miles on it back in 2011 for about $16K. I think with it having 70K miles and now being 5 years old, the seller should come down a tad.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #54
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

On second look, that's not a sunroof, that's a sky slider! That explains the difference in price. Check for stains on the headliner that may indicate leaks.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #55
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?
This is a helpful VIN decoder that gives you the factory build sheet for used vehicles. It was super helpful when I was shopping for my Jeep. You can see certain details that may matter a lot to you, but that are not listed on Auto Trader. It will tell you things like: what kind of radio, if it has the tow package, skids, the type of 4wd system it has, and whether it came with a full sized spare.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #56
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Also, enter the VIN on here (lower left side of the page-- you'll have to scroll down) to see if all of the Jeep recalls have been done. It will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls that the previous owner didn't do.
https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #57
phatal27

The options I would care about specifically are... Power windows, sunroof or sky slider would be nice, tow pkg.

Having heated seats and heated mirrors though.... I can't tell you how much I love them lol.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #58
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I totally understand! I got the heated seat kit and installed it myself. A huge pain in the fingers to work on the seats, but so worth it in the end! (pun intended) It was actually pretty cost effective to do it myself, although it took me several days. The instructions aren't that great.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #59
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I think they all come with power windows. The sky slider and sunroof can have leaking issues, as some have noted on the forum. The tow package is nice. Having a hitch & trailer wiring installed at the dealership does not actually mean the vehicle has the factory tow package. Check for a mechanical cooling fan on the front of the engine, not just an electric fan. The VIN decoder is a nice way to check from a distance.
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #60
phatal27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I totally understand! I got the heated seat kit and installed it myself. A huge pain in the fingers to work on the seats, but so worth it in the end! (pun intended) It was actually pretty cost effective to do it myself, although it took me several days. The instructions aren't that great.
not a bad idea, btw I envy you living in phili. I grew up a loner in the football world... Being an eagles fan in packer country tends to be difficult lol.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.