Came here for some advice - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Came here for some advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #31
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Well I decided to see if I have it and nope my Liberty is almost as stock as it comes.

Gageraid here is a pic

Its pretty sad how little it comes forward.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you. I've read so many reviews on the Liberty before and not once do I remember hearing about the front seat being an option. I always thought it was a cool feature that set it aside when comparing the KJ to the KK.

Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #32
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

i am a hunter and will give you all the pros can cons of the kk
pros
1. offroad capability:
for hunting it is more than capable. 4x4 and the electronic traction control really works good, better than the xj that i replaced with the kk.
2. great space in the back:
with the folded seats. enough for two dog crates and gear. mopar makes a hard cover for the back. (don't have it yet) but should do the trick for bloody, wet and muddy stuff after the hunt
3. folding passenger seat
this is what sold me the kk. i am a waterfowler and with this option i can feet my layout boat or kayak inside the car and a a canoe on top ot the car........... what else can you ask

cons
once lifted the back is hi fr your dogs to get in... but this is a prolem easy o solve.
cloth seats are a mess to deal with dogs hair and stains, but can be solved with neoprene seat covers
floor carpet........ well you can buy the weathertech mats to solve part of the problem didnt fin a place to make a drain plug yet.
no snorkel available yet................. am working on one i live in south florida and swap water are hi specially in the early season

some may say gas........ well it is a jeep not a prius
lack of flex.................. you are hunting not rock crawling

i got the kk in january, turkey season at my wmas were really sandy and the kk did great on the sand, now so far in the archery season it is really wet and had no issues so far, i have mud terrains and that helps a lot but i can tell that the electronic traction control is really an advantage compared to other cars, my friend has an xterra (that by the way was a my consideration against the kk) and he had issues in the sand were i crossed with no problem, again maybe has to do with the tires.

IMO i love the kk, even when it went to the dealer twice for mayor repairs on the A/c, lost the power steering and that a fuel management issue.

i also own a 2008 v6 escape, awd. the best car i ever had, it has 77k miles and never had an issue, just a recall on the transmissions cooler bracket. it is a great car and believe it or not the 4x4 deal works but........is not really designed for offroad like the kk. it is my wife's car great gas millage i make an average of 19-20mpg with a/c on all the time mostly city compared to 14-15mpg on the kk.

take my advice, have both and hunt and hunted both cars, have a german short haired pointer and a weimaraner and will pick the kk at any time.......

compared the kk over xterra, tacoma (price is higher), jk (way to much and don't need such an offroad vehicle), explorer (....mmm not a jeep)
answer kk....

let me know if you have any more questions.....

carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #33
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

You will find more room in a WK or even an XK if you don't care about gas mileage. The GC's are very capable, even stock, to get you where you need to go in the woods. You have 3 engines to choose from, 3.7, 4.7, 5.7 (although I wouldn't pick anything less then a Hemi, but I'm biased ), the 5.7s come with a bit more perks and hassles. You will also find either Quadra Trac or Quadra Drive 4 wheel drive systems in the GCs depending on what you get. You can find a bit more accessories for the WKs than you can for the KK but I'm sure both have more than the Ford. You'll probably find a smoother ride with the WK pre-lift vs a KK. Ours can run as low as $11-15k for an 05-07, a bit more with the 08-10s but you get an updates. You also get a diesel option, a 3.0L CRD with the WK, a bit hard to find but better with towing and gas mileage.

Regardless, read around the forums for the common issues and quirks with both vehicles. You can truly make a better decision then.

For the best info on WKs~ www.wkjeeps.com
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #34
phatal27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisSTEEL View Post
If you are seriously considering this vehicle for hunting your probably not
much of a hunter. I own this vehicle and would never hunt with it, that
being said, I also own a truck that I hunt with. How do you intend on
bringing home a dead deer or elk with an suv. I'm pretty sure you don't want
a dead, cut open, bloody animal in it, especially in a semi luxury vehicle.
it's just not practical for the use of hunting. why don't you go look at a
mid-sized truck that probably gets better gas mileage, you don't have to
lift it and is more practical for the use you intent. If I were you I would
look at the Toyota Tacoma.

Well if hunting is just described as deer hunting thats pretty sad! I duck hunt, I used to deer hunt but if I wanted to put a deer im fairly sure it would fit back there, also there is a thing called a trailer.
phatal27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #35
phatal27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
I really enjoy my KK. First vehicle I ever bought.

For you hunting needs, there is a ton of room. Not sure how much you need to take, but the rear seats AND front passenger seat fold flat giving a ton of room. You could also get a roof rack...

More questions to ask ya: Will you commute to work in this vehicle? Mileage isn't great, but you can manage 20-21 mpg on the highway stock.

What are you currently driving? The Liberty is almost definitely better than what you have.

Besides mileage, a big complaint you will hear about the KK is the transmission. It's a 4 speed and the 4th gear is your overdrive. You get used to it, but it took me a few months to stop complaining about it.

You should probably try to price out a few Libertys and other vehicles and let us know what ya come up with. We could probably tell ya if you're getting a good or bad deal on a Liberty. Good luck!

Been really busy so I apologize on not replying. I drive a Acura TSX. I happen to get a steal on it, but with my dog and hunting purposes it just seems better for me to get something 4x4. The reason why I expressed my liking in an SUV is because I can still get the amenities of a car, but a truck is a truck so you give that up which wouldn't be all that bad. Yes I do use it for work as well, I don't have to drive that far anymore but I used to so that is why I didn't get a truck or SUV in the first place...
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #36
phatal27

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
i am a hunter and will give you all the pros can cons of the kk
pros
1. offroad capability:
for hunting it is more than capable. 4x4 and the electronic traction control really works good, better than the xj that i replaced with the kk.
2. great space in the back:
with the folded seats. enough for two dog crates and gear. mopar makes a hard cover for the back. (don't have it yet) but should do the trick for bloody, wet and muddy stuff after the hunt
3. folding passenger seat
this is what sold me the kk. i am a waterfowler and with this option i can feet my layout boat or kayak inside the car and a a canoe on top ot the car........... what else can you ask

cons
once lifted the back is hi fr your dogs to get in... but this is a prolem easy o solve.
cloth seats are a mess to deal with dogs hair and stains, but can be solved with neoprene seat covers
floor carpet........ well you can buy the weathertech mats to solve part of the problem didnt fin a place to make a drain plug yet.
no snorkel available yet................. am working on one i live in south florida and swap water are hi specially in the early season

some may say gas........ well it is a jeep not a prius
lack of flex.................. you are hunting not rock crawling

i got the kk in january, turkey season at my wmas were really sandy and the kk did great on the sand, now so far in the archery season it is really wet and had no issues so far, i have mud terrains and that helps a lot but i can tell that the electronic traction control is really an advantage compared to other cars, my friend has an xterra (that by the way was a my consideration against the kk) and he had issues in the sand were i crossed with no problem, again maybe has to do with the tires.

IMO i love the kk, even when it went to the dealer twice for mayor repairs on the A/c, lost the power steering and that a fuel management issue.

i also own a 2008 v6 escape, awd. the best car i ever had, it has 77k miles and never had an issue, just a recall on the transmissions cooler bracket. it is a great car and believe it or not the 4x4 deal works but........is not really designed for offroad like the kk. it is my wife's car great gas millage i make an average of 19-20mpg with a/c on all the time mostly city compared to 14-15mpg on the kk.

take my advice, have both and hunt and hunted both cars, have a german short haired pointer and a weimaraner and will pick the kk at any time.......

compared the kk over xterra, tacoma (price is higher), jk (way to much and don't need such an offroad vehicle), explorer (....mmm not a jeep)
answer kk....

let me know if you have any more questions.....

You sir, answered all my questions, the tires and rims are great btw. My shorthair just tried jumping on my desk while typing this.
Unread 09-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #37
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

KK is definitely nice especially when you need a semi-capable 4x4(I mean this as it will pretty much do it all, but clearly won't keep up with the Wranglers or old Cherokees etc) and still want a great driver on the pavement and something that just has the amenities of most cars.

And lifts and tires can change the whole look of a Liberty
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #38
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisSTEEL View Post
If you are seriously considering this vehicle for hunting your probably not
much of a hunter. I own this vehicle and would never hunt with it, that
being said, I also own a truck that I hunt with. How do you intend on
bringing home a dead deer or elk with an suv. I'm pretty sure you don't want
a dead, cut open, bloody animal in it, especially in a semi luxury vehicle.
it's just not practical for the use of hunting. why don't you go look at a
mid-sized truck that probably gets better gas mileage, you don't have to
lift it and is more practical for the use you intent. If I were you I would
look at the Toyota Tacoma.
obviously not the best car for hunting, if i have ti pick one just for hunting i will buy a ranger, tacoma, mazba b2000, but sure his intention is an all around vehicle, not to extreme to use it as a daily driver, elegant enough to entertain or pick up your boss or other important people on the airport or just to take a road trip with the family, yet a capable off-road car to take you to the hunting and fishing adventures.

the winner will always be a 4x4 4dr tacoma, but it was out of my budget...
don't regret getting the kk instead........
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #39
LUV4JEEP

The KK is a great hunting vehicle! These pics are from last year early Doe season me and my buddy each got one! BTW this is when my KK is totally stock!! I have done alot in 1 years time to her. All you need is a hitch rack!

Oh yea and I have a 1 year old pit mix named Goku! the KK has plenty of room for dogs! tho after the lift kit and 245/75-17 Tires i have to lift he lazy but up into the Jeep!!

LUV4JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #40
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

dressed for hunting......

Unread 09-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #41
phatal27

Well, my search for one is getting difficult. Is there any serious difference between the sport and limited other than a couple interior and exterior stuff?

There are more sport than limited's around where I live so the picking is kinda slim.
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #42
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatal27 View Post
Well, my search for one is getting difficult. Is there any serious difference between the sport and limited other than a couple interior and exterior stuff?

There are more sport than limited's around where I live so the picking is kinda slim.
You'll be more than happy with a sport unless you need all the extras. My sport has just about every option, but I know some can be a bit on the standard side.
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #43
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Chrome trim, leather interior, and I believe some small options. Otherwise they're the same. Honestly, what kind of options are you looking for(aside from 4x4, of course)?
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #44
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

IMO the exterior on the Limiteds are a little gaudy.
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #45
khalilw
2011 KK Liberty 

Limited has rear parking sensors (for the ladys) , individual tire pressure monitor, skid plates, tow hooks, extra coolers, uconnect, 17'' tires (16'' are better size but the stock 17 are prettier IMO), chromed grill, leather seats and a seat-and-mirror's memory system. At least that's the way it is here in Venezuela.
khalilw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.