Came here for some advice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Came here for some advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

I'm not sure about the KK but on the Patriot it was an option.

LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Spent around 2-3 years before deciding on a vehicle.lol I really wanted another Cherokee XJ over anything else on the market, but never found one in decent shape with low miles. I looked at the Escape and Liberty during my search among everything else on the market. I hunt and fish also. The Liberty has better ground clearance if your going to be driving on rutted forest roads. Look at any Escape and it looks like the rear suspension will easily be hanging up in the ruts and get damaged by rocks. I have a boat and snowmobile for fishing and the Escape was under powered for towing. Max tow capacity was not very high compared to the Liberty. Liberty has more cargo room. Liberty seats fold flat including the passenger seat if you have the option. You could say the Escape is built like a car and the Liberty is built more like a truck. I use my SUV's like trucks so the Liberty fit my style. Meaning I tow with it, load the back up with a ton of stuff that is often wet and dirty, take it off road. I would rather have the fuel economy of the Escape, but all considered the Liberty was a better choice for me. Which is why I bought one recently. I have a stock '11 KK with towing gears and still manage to get 22.5mpg on the highway at 2krpm/65mph with a light load(going real easy and keeping shifts under 2.5krpm). Heavily loaded and towing a trailer at the same time it will get 16.5 to 19mpg on the highway which is reasonable. Bought it at 10k miles and now it has 14k so I can't tell you anything about repairs and reliability. That remains to be seen.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I have '10 Lib with almost 60K on it. The big issues I had was a rear crank seal leaking x2, a fuel tank replaced, and a bad EGR. Minor things was the clock and the tow switch getting stuck. My gas mileage last month combined city/hwy is about 16.5. The trans sometimes has trouble finding a gear especially when you accelerate/decelerate and accelerate again.

The positives, its solid, the doors, hood even with the stock soft springs and shocks it can carry a lot of weight really well, as comparing this to my gf's 11' Honda Pilot and probably made with twice as much metal. Turning radius is tight, it can tow up to 5K with tow package and weight distribution hitch, though it does not has as much goodies as the wranglers and XJ's we have still have so good aftermarket stuff and it's growing. You want won't really need the 4wd in the snow up to about 4" the electronic traction control works great and I am saying that as I still drive with stock Good Year Wrangler SRA tires.

I enjoyed driving her last week as the roads became instantly flooded with about foot and half of water in Union and Elizabeth, NJ. As far carrying your kill; I can sit up on the hood with out it buckling and I weight a little over 200lbs. For 26K out of the door brand new you find another new SUV close to the Lib as far as comfort or space.

Good luck
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_Katie View Post
I have a 60lb husky and a 60lb lab. They take up the back trunk area.

Also, how does the front passenger seat fold flat?! I've never been able to get mine to do that.

Just need to move the head rest down and move the seat back just far enough that it will tuck under the handle on the glove box.
Yakima Loadwarrior
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatal27 View Post
It's quite obvious you all love your libertys. However I came here for some honest advice. I need a 4x4 vehicle (hunting, and dog purposes). I keep finding myself going back to the liberty because of the looks and features. What vehicles I am in between are the ford escape (more I read the more weary I get), and Jeep grand c. Limited.

It's easy to say "if you like it, get it" well I just want to make a proper purchase. So I have come here in hoping you all will give me the good's and the bad's. Any help if obviously appreciated!

Thanks again.
I have an 08 KK that I bought back in October. I have put 20k on it in less than a year now and no major problems, and I have not pampered it at all. Put some real abuse on it on the trails and taken a few long road trips and it still drives great. I keep up with all of my maintenance and it takes care of me. I chose it over a wrangler because I couldn't justify spending more money on something with even more miles that can barely seat 5 with no cargo area. Plenty of room in the KK, lots of cool features, very dependable. I personally think the escape is more of a car than an suv. If you're comparing 4x4 SUVs I think the KK is far superior to the escape. I don't know much about grand cherokees but have never heard anything bad about them, they seem like very reliable and capable vehicles. Might ask around on the grand cherokee forum.
Yakima Loadwarrior
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99 View Post
Just need to move the head rest down and move the seat back just far enough that it will tuck under the handle on the glove box.
Nope... only goes about 15 degrees forward of straight up.
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

A fold flat front passenger seat was an option. It won't be on all of the KK's
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #23
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton
A fold flat front passenger seat was an option. It won't be on all of the KK's
Gotcha, always thought that was standard.
Yakima Loadwarrior
Unread 09-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99

Gotcha, always thought that was standard.
I wish. I'd love to have it
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

That would help!

Colorado Jeep Club #281

Past Jeeps: '02 WJ Overland, '02 WJ Limited, '08 KK Sport
MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #26
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Are you serious? This makes me realize even more that my sport has just about every option.

I have definitely utilized the fold flat front seat. Anyone have a picture of their seat that DOES NOT fold flat? Now I'm curious.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Well I decided to see if I have it and nope my Liberty is almost as stock as it comes.

Gageraid here is a pic

Its pretty sad how little it comes forward.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1378342551697.jpg  
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #28
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Wow, definitely glad mine folds flat. I wonder why they didn't make them all like that. Just seems like the type of thing you shouldn't really have to pay extra for in an SUV.
Yakima Loadwarrior
Unread 09-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #29
WisSTEEL
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Uhm....I did it when my KK was 3 months old....not that hard, you just better be driving nice lol. Get the deer butchered where you hunt so you don't have to haul the whole thing.

So i guess you dont understand the word practical. Sure i could load up a fricking motorcycle with a dead animal. But when you live in idaho and you actually get out of your stand and hunt plus your not on someones land. packing out is really your only option. OH... and you have to debone after the 3 plus mile hike? why not just throw it into the bed of a truck? some hunt you had, that one time..
2012 cherry red KK, Rocklizard front, At the Helm rear, Stock 3.73 gears, 31/10.50-15r BFG KM2, Vision soft 8 15in wheels, super hides custom front and rear seat covers, First Idaho deer hanging from rear view (spike), Little things here and there. 14000 miles-13.49MPG
WisSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #30
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisSTEEL View Post
So i guess you dont understand the word practical. Sure i could load up a fricking motorcycle with a dead animal. But when you live in idaho and you actually get out of your stand and hunt plus your not on someones land. packing out is really your only option. OH... and you have to debone after the 3 plus mile hike? why not just throw it into the bed of a truck? some hunt you had, that one time..
All I'm saying is it can be done fairly practically. And any land you hunt on is technically someone's, others are just lucky enough to have a larger piece of land that you can hunt on your own. And never used stands, I know what it's like to take a deer out of the woods. Nobody ever mentioned deboning. I said take it to a butcher near where you hunt. Most towns(atleast upstate NY) have someone doing the butchering. Gut the deer, lay some garbage bags down in the back, and throw it in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.