Calibrating/Correcting Tire Size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Calibrating/Correcting Tire Size

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Calibrating/Correcting Tire Size

Just wondering... I have a Hypertech programmer that can change tire size (at least it says it can. Never been able to get it to work with my 30" tires).

When the programmer changes the tire size does it only correct the speedometer or does it also correct at what speed the vehicle shifts so that it shifts within the proper RPM range?

huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Gageraid? Calling Gageraid...
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Cobradwight
2012 KK Liberty 

It's just supposed to correct the speedo .
Cobradwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Just wondering... I have a Hypertech programmer that can change tire size (at least it says it can. Never been able to get it to work with my 30" tires).

When the programmer changes the tire size does it only correct the speedometer or does it also correct at what speed the vehicle shifts so that it shifts within the proper RPM range?
They say it "corrects speedometer readings and part throttle shifting." There's a few YouTube videos on it.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.