Cabin air filter question..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Cabin air filter question.....

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Cabin air filter question.....

I was driving home today and there was a snowfall, very small flakes more like ice crystals. Inside, the fan was blowing droplets on my hand from the defrost vent! This is wierd, thought I, so I checked for a cabin air filter but couldn't locate it.

I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have one, but maybe I'm just missing it. I took off the glove box and looked where it is supposed to be but there is nothing. I don't think all the pre-2010 models came with one. Mine is the North Edition.

Thoughts?

backinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I did some surgery on my jeep and added one! I followed MtnLuvr's great writeup on LOST. His instructions are detailed and easy to follow. Here is the link.
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks a lot, great link!

Looks like a pretty big job but completely do-able. End result would be well worth it.
Unread 11-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

The end result really is worth it. I've gone more than 12K miles since doing the cabin air filter mod, and so I changed the paper filters last week. The old ones were GROSS!!! Black and sooty almost. Glad not to breathe that.
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Despite the lack of cabin air filter, it sucks to have snow blowing at you from the air vents. I've had this happen before in older cars...I think the placement of the air intake is just in a bad position that snow can get to, and being in Canada this is an inconvenience. Mine is a "North Edition" too - you would think that this would be a consideration in the design.

I need to find a way to get the snow blowing out in the summer, and maybe flames in the winter ;-)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.