Buying Used Liberty Sky Slider THis Week!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Buying Used Liberty Sky Slider THis Week!!

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 06-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

Buying Used Liberty Sky Slider THis Week!!

Seems like all the used Libertys in NJ are 2008 models. Would prefer a 2009 only because of all the problems I have read on this forum with regards to leaking and noise...

So, my question...yes there is a question...

To those with Sky Sliders in their 2008 models...have "all" of you had issues?

To those with 2009 and 2010 models...any issues like 2008 owners state?

I'm very close to a deal on a 2008 model, close to $16k on a sport with 30K in miles...its a very clean truck...maybe I should drive it through a car wash or have them turn a hose on the truck??

would love to hear from you current owners...Thanks in advance!

Qwack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

he, im thinking of selling mine, its a fully loaded 2008 limited with all the leaks and problems fixed by the dealership and with existing warranty for 7 years. 20k and its yours! i can send you pictures if you want
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the 08 with Sky Slider and I haven't had any issues. At least issues that are internally. I found a whole bunch if surface damage done after I went through a couple washes. But I went through a Colorado Winter with this thing and the roof held up great! I was really impressed. Just a note if you do decide to get this, don't try the close the roof going 45+ mph cause the roof with shake and close weird. Also highway noise will be a little louder, also with I winds so just be mindful of that. Plus my 08 is at 31,1xx miles also if you wanted to know.
Unread 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

I bought my 2011 sport for 18900. I think 16k is a bit high for an '08.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

it all depends on the options, 2x4 sport with no options is around 16k. the more the merrier. my friend just got hers 4x4 sport with convenience package and selec-trac II for 26.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Mine was the 4x4. I added full skids and the uConnect. It was still 18900.

Unread 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

thats 3k off msrp, the one he is looking at has skyslider, that suggests that he prolly has convenience group along with other options. that is already around 26-27 MSRP. im checking auction prices and them liberties dont go cheap.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 06-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

VMF, thank you for the offer, but if I'm going out the door at $16K, I don't want to spend an additional $4k This Liberty is a 4x4 with the sky slider.

Jeepin11 did you pay $18,900 out the door taxes etc, included? I was looking at a '08 limited that they would only go out the door at $18,500.

I was thinking about a new one especially with the Jeep 4k incentive on a new liberty through august, but I want the sky slider, wont buy without it, even with the price drop taxes etc added back in, I can't afford right now...

will probaby buy thursday as might be able to nudge them down another grand as last day of the month and the dealers are itching to sell..end of month...
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

good luck on your noble quest! what kind of 4x4 is it? make sure you are getting the one that fits your needs. im living in the same area and all time 4x4 like selec-trac II is much more desirable here during winter times then part time command-trac II. it saved me numerous times even on the turnpike when they were not able to remove the snow on time.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwack
VMF, thank you for the offer, but if I'm going out the door at $16K, I don't want to spend an additional $4k This Liberty is a 4x4 with the sky slider.

Jeepin11 did you pay $18,900 out the door taxes etc, included? I was looking at a '08 limited that they would only go out the door at $18,500.

I was thinking about a new one especially with the Jeep 4k incentive on a new liberty through august, but I want the sky slider, wont buy without it, even with the price drop taxes etc added back in, I can't afford right now...

will probaby buy thursday as might be able to nudge them down another grand as last day of the month and the dealers are itching to sell..end of month...
I financed the taxes and added the extended warranty. All said and done it was 21. Could have had another 1k off if I qualified for Chrysler financing but missed it by ten points. They are sticklers about that.

Unread 06-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

With sky slider that doesnt seem like a bad deal. Have you considered a grand cherokee? I found a 2008 in Freehold for $14995, not sure how far away from you that is, but it is a very good deal for someone considering a jeep (especially as it only has 36K miles on it)

http://www.freeholdchryslerjeep.net/...e870a00415.htm
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #12
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

a funny thing happened on the way to buy a jeep....

Stopped off at another dealership that has a 2008 Liberty Limited with a sky slider...32k miles...i figured what the heck.

Told the salesman, I'm buying a Jeep Liberty Tomorrow. I can buy it from you or I can buy it from the dealership 20 miles away..doesn't matter to me, They are $16k out the door (failed to mention it was a sport, oops)..

I got to get to work, but give me a call...wouldn't you know it...there definitely is something to the end of month push...can you say score, $15,300 out the door, with 5yr/60k warranty, on a better jeep! I pick it up tomorrow...

and buying a car over the phone is the most enjoyable way to buy a car..this is the 2nd time I have done this, and I will never buy a car any other way. You don't have to sit around the dealership playing the well we can do this price for you game...instead I was at work...ok not much fun either..but I wasn't wasting my day haggling prices..
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
welder74
2014 JK Wrangler 

Frustrated with my roof!

my '09 Liberty is giving me me nothing but headaches! Skyslider roof will be back in the shop for a new air deflector and a new head liner installation. Please notice that this will be the 5th time I have to take it back for roof issues. 100 miles shy of 30k so warranty still covers it til at least Jan. '12. I have logged a formal complaint with Chrysler per my dealer recommendation. I'm hoping for a buyback as my patience has grown thin!!!!
welder74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

that was the reason i didnt get into the skyslider business. i had a feeling it will be nothing but problems. i didnt want the sunroof either but the car i wanted already had it
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

Picked up the Jeep thursday evening...Love it!!

I think the best advise with the skyslider roof, is from bllodyshadow23. You should treat it like you would a true convertible. Although it looks like a sunroof it's not. You wouldn't try and close a convertible top while driving...so, I think the same should apply with the slider...I could be wrong, but that is how I will be treating mine, and hope it remains trouble free with regular maintenance.

Besides loving the slider, I love the way the Liberty handles on the rough roads, its a great urban assualt vechile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.