Buying an "08 or Newer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Buying an "08 or Newer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Osteonis
2008 KK Liberty 

Buying an "08 or Newer

Hi everyone, I am currently looking at a couple of liberty's an '08 and '09. Anyone have any advice on what I should look for? Meaning problems or hidden things a dealer might try and hide. Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks very much in advance, I will post pics when I finally get her. Trading in my'99 Cherokee. Unless someone close to Toronto wants to buy her from me. :-)

5spd
Class III Hidden Hitch
235/75/15
Bumper Mounted Fogs
Osteonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

I just sold my 98 XJ and I love the new KK. It's like the modern reincarnation of the Cherokee. I would get the VINs and run a carfax for all of the ones you are considering. It costs about $50 to get 5 reports. The place where I bought mine had two seemingly identical 08 KKs with almost the same mileage and features for the same price. After running the carfax I found out one of them had been wrecked twice. Keep in mind that carfax maintenance/damage data is only as good as the information put into it but it still can raise a flag for any recalls that haven't been addressed for the year/model as well as how many owners and what type of owner had the vehicle previously (lease/rental ect..). As for KK specifically I would check to see if there were any electrical repairs since a common problem is with the computer and such. On mine specifically there is a recall for the wiper motor that hasn't been fixed since I got it at a Chevy place but so far it hasn't been a problem (Jeep dealer is supposed to fix it for free if you take it in)
Unread 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

'09 and newer has a retuned ride (much better, not as bouncy), stronger axle shafts and a stronger steering rack.
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Osteonis
2008 KK Liberty 

Thx for the info, ended up buying the '08 limited, now I just need to find some 17" rims that I like, I don't like the chrome 18" that came with the vehicle.
5spd
Class III Hidden Hitch
235/75/15
Bumper Mounted Fogs
Osteonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
itsgrooveybaby
2008 KK Liberty 

would u consider a swam with the 08 stock sport rims? lol im looking to buy the limited rims
itsgrooveybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.