Burping gas tank and smell of gas in car after fill up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Burping gas tank and smell of gas in car after fill up

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
otlip

Burping gas tank and smell of gas in car after fill up

Greetings,

Just got my 08 Liberty back from the dealer after complaining that the gas "burped" out of the tank during fill up and that there was a strong smell of gas in the car. Second item was something that not many people check and that it is the tow switch. I would push it down and couldn't get it to pop back up. Long story short... replaced the gas tank $389 plus 25 for parts, and about 175 for the new tow switch.

Paid zero as I purchased an extended warranty. Rental car cost me 5.$ for the day. Highly recommend Flemington Jeep in NJ

otlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.