Bug shield/deflector - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Bug shield/deflector

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
JeepJeepx
2011 KK Liberty 

Bug shield/deflector

I'm thinking about getting a bug deflector for my 2011 liberty. Is it a waste of money?
Weather tech or mopar?
Are they hard to put on?

JeepJeepx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Do they work, yea they do. Will you notice any improvement in MPG, most likely not. I put one on my 2011 KK not long after I bought it. Drove it for better than a year and got tired of the look. Two days later a small rock did not get deflected and now I have a crack in my passenger side windshield. A few days later I put the deflector back on.

They are an easy install with no holes to drill. I believe I went with a VentVisor brand I ordered from either Ebay or Amazon.
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the Mopar bug deflector. Since my Jeep is black, you can't even notice it. I don't believe it was designed for m.p.g. Had to drill a few holes if I remember correctly. Took 10 minutes.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

I went with the vent visor as well from amazon. Ordered it with the matching in-channel rain guards.

It does help slightly with the bugs. Though i still have a graveyard on my windshield whenever i head up north anyway. At the very least, it does dress up the appearance a bit (if you like the look of them).
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

I have the Weathertec. Installation was two screw in panel type clips in existing holes, drill two small holes for screws and supplied 2 sided tape. Agree with all of the above stated.
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

I've got the Mopar one. 2 screw in existing holes, drill 2 more. No tape. 2 rubber bumpers stick to hood, keeping deflector from hitting hood at highway speed and at auto car wash. I was nervous first time I went to touchless car wash, that thing was vibrating and bouncing pretty fierce but has held up fine and screws are still tight. I hit the car wash with nearly every fillup.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.