Broken cargo bin clip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Broken cargo bin clip

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
nike4674
2011 KK Liberty 

Broken cargo bin clip

I might have broke or popped off the one clip that holds the cargo tray down. Now it looks like I have to remove the whole floor and side panels to fix it. Any ideas?

nike4674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

I think I read on LOST that that is indeed the case. It is a bit of a PITA. Have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

No I had one break on me too. The clip pulls out of the floor (ended up breaking the plastic clip completly and pushed the clip down through the car and out the bottom.) Ordered a new clip from dealer (around $50 a pop) and they pushed right in without problems. Only issue I had was the new one didn't have a loophole for a finger - it was a solid piece. Ended up ordering two to match and the dealer cut me a deal because having to order a second one that wasn't broken. Not sure if this was a design change as production went on, but I have an 08 and it could have changed. To be honest I like the more solid tab because the loop I felt would break if too much pressure was applied. Check it out.

Hope this helps!
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
nike4674
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle112199 View Post
No I had one break on me too. The clip pulls out of the floor (ended up breaking the plastic clip completly and pushed the clip down through the car and out the bottom.) Ordered a new clip from dealer (around $50 a pop) and they pushed right in without problems. Only issue I had was the new one didn't have a loophole for a finger - it was a solid piece. Ended up ordering two to match and the dealer cut me a deal because having to order a second one that wasn't broken. Not sure if this was a design change as production went on, but I have an 08 and it could have changed. To be honest I like the more solid tab because the loop I felt would break if too much pressure was applied. Check it out.

Hope this helps!
What do they look like? I Should just rip the old ones out?
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah I just ripped them out - whole unit, spring and all is replaced when you order the new part. Look under the tab you will see a square insert, that needs to be pulled out and replaced.
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
nike4674
2011 KK Liberty 

Jeep fixed it for free.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.