Brakes and mud - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Brakes and mud

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

Brakes and mud

Every time I get back from riding in the slop my brakes love to squeak the next day. I have new brakes all the way around and last time little pebbles got stuck in rear pads. Yesterday I go again and she is squeaking and grinding again. Sounds terrible and will have to pull wheels. Anyone else have this problem?

swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Yeah that will happen when you play in the mud.Wash the Jeep ASAP afterwards and spend most of your time spraying the undercarriage.
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
Speedymcracer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Yeah that will happen when you play in the mud.Wash the Jeep ASAP afterwards and spend most of your time spraying the undercarriage.
I agree soon as you get back on the road go straight to the car wash and spray the undercarriage out real good while its still wet along with the brakes not much you can do about getting the mud and slop in your brakes while off road that just comes with the territory
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I had to pull my rear discs because the parking brake was full of little pebbles and screeching like a bad bearing.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

I wonder if there is any kind of aftermarket "scraper" that could be added to the brake system. Like a plastic tab that sits at an angle against the brake rotor and like a window scraper, scrapes mud and pebbles off the rotor as it turns before they can get under the brake pad. Maybe mounted to the pad caliper so that it applies a split second before the pads do so it isn't constantly rubbing?
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
^^^ This x2.

also a large part of my general dislike of mud.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
swamppro
2008 KK Liberty 

That's what I would do. I would go straight to pressure washing underside but pebbles kept getting embedded in the pads
swamppro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.