Brake Service Indicator?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Brake Service Indicator??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #16
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Reason being is the KK is RWD and when the tires slip ESP applies the brakes to the slipping tires (the rear).

Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #17
louder1
2008 KK Liberty 

makes sense, thanks for the info...
louder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
olblueyez

Hello everyone,

Did we ever come to general consensus as to replacing/repairing the rotors along with the pads? Our 08 KK has 27,000 miles on it and I am sure its ready for pads.
olblueyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
louder1
2008 KK Liberty 

Well,

Our 08 has 65K on it, I've already replaced the pads all around once but I did not turn the rotors. I need to do them again now and I'll probably replace the rotors as well. I've heard good things about the NAPA premiums so I'll go with that all around.

The rears definitely need to be replaced by 30K but the fronts were ok. I replaced all since I was in there at the time, the rotors should have been turned but there isn't much meat on them so I left them figuring I would need to replace soon. They've held in there but I'm overdue at this point.
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
olblueyez

I notice that since the pads have worn that the jeep has a wobble with heavy braking. I can feel it in the steering wheel. Will the new pads solve that or would turning or replacing the rotors be necessary to eliminate that? I don't want to put new pads on it if the old rotors will cause premature and or uneven wear.

I also notice pads and rotors from Mopar and Napa are not much different in price.

BTW: Great website,,!!!
Unread 06-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #21
louder1
2008 KK Liberty 

The wobble is probably your front brakes and yes they would either need to be turned or replaced the rotors, attached is the min. thickness.

I'm going with the Napa Premiums hoping to get better than the stock performed, maybe with the Napa combination of premium pads & rotors they will last longer than the stock did especially the rears.

Good Luck.
139855436.gif  
Unread 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #22
olblueyez

Cool, that makes up my mind for me. New rotors and pads and Napa. I believe Napa was the cheaper of the two.
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #23
mjcougler
2008 KK Liberty 

Yes, but I'm not sure why. I posted a thread when I changed-out my rears. My biggest problem was with rust. I'm in Roc NY and we have to deal with road salt. Now I'm looking for front brake information. I still have lots of pad, but they bound up on my wife once. As I take them apart, I'm finding tight tolerances and when there is rust, the swelling of the metal causes binding. My problem I'm trying to resolve now is: I popped off the old stainless clips, and I did not notice which way they came off.

I'll post later the results of my front brake job as we can all learn from each other.
mjcougler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.