Brainstorming for a lift kit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Brainstorming for a lift kit

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #16
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Have someone double up or reinforce those 1x1 support legs and you might be ok. Show the welder the pic of the bent part.
Roger that, Im already on it.

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #17
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
Well firstly living in Ma. 4x4 parts are few far between as are wheelers. I did buy RRO sliders and roof rails and agian They went on well serve my purpose(for now) and it was before I found this forum. Also I was getting the Rockfather?ome set up, till I found JBA. Im well on my way.
You should really consider having those sliders beefed up a bit. You could go to just about anywhere they work on cars, trucks etc. once they bend, it's over. It's happened before and will again. That piece of plastic rocker panel is pretty expensive as are the doors if they bend far enough. They will not honor the lifetime guarantee, it's been tried.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #18
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15

You should really consider having those sliders beefed up a bit. You could go to just about anywhere they work on cars, trucks etc. once they bend, it's over. It's happened before and will again. That piece of plastic rocker panel is pretty expensive as are the doors if they bend far enough. They will not honor the lifetime guarantee, it's been tried.
X2 just like Ted just stated, the picture i posted of the bent sliders the guy couldn't open at least one door and had to replace both plastic rocker panels.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #19
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
Roger that, Im already on it.
Just junk em and buy good ones, why bandaid a fix on junk
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Good point.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.