Brainstorming for a lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Brainstorming for a lift kit

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

Brainstorming for a lift kit

Anybody had any experience with the rockfather lift kit ?(standard one, around $460)
The ome full suspension kit claims only gives you 1.5" is that true?

Aryzurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryzurak
Anybody had any experience with the rockfather lift kit ?(standard one, around $460)
Noooo. Too many people have had bad experiences with them. That kit comes with ome front springs rear spacers and sub par shocks with a daystar copy top plate which shouldn't be run without an internal spacer like the frankenlift. Not enough preload on the spring.
The ome full suspension kit claims only gives you 1.5" is that true?
No. The 927 front springs and 731 rears will give about 2.5"-3" of lift. Def go that route and buy from jeepinbyal.com you'll need extended front and rear bumpstops too with any lift.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Aryzurak
2009 KK Liberty 

Yes thats definitely the way to go! My search is over.. I ll order my kit soon.. Thanks for the help!!
Aryzurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Make sure you get the N132L rear shocks too and not the N132 as they are stock length.
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

I just ordered the JBA 2.5 for my KK and Im stoked with thier cust. service. I also dealt with rocky road, I got super sliders and roof rails from them thier stuff is bomb proof and went on great, but there shipping is a bit slow, JBA was a bit more but Its on its way.
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy
I just ordered the JBA 2.5 for my KK and Im stoked with thier cust. service. I also dealt with rocky road, I got super sliders and roof rails from them thier stuff is bomb proof and went on great, but there shipping is a bit slow, JBA was a bit more but Its on its way.
Sorry their stuff is far from bombproof. Don't mean to put you down or anything but their sliders are a joke.
Guess which one is made by rro.

Unread 12-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Rocky Road just copies what everyone else makes, ONLY difference is they make it much cheaper and prone to fail no matter what it is
You only deal with them once if you're smart
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Two questions,

1. Are these the bumpstops that would go with the kit? http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-TeraFlex_Bump_Stop-653.aspx and am I assuming that I would need four?

2. Does it make sense and what would it do to include Al's A-arms (option when picking the kit)?
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Two questions,

1. Are these the bumpstops that would go with the kit? http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-TeraFlex_Bump_Stop-653.aspx and am I assuming that I would need four?

2. Does it make sense and what would it do to include Al's A-arms (option when picking the kit)?
You need two, those are for the front only
Does make sense to go ahead and do the UCAs at the same time. Upgrade and makes it easier to align
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

ok, cool. Do I need a set for the rears too?
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
ok, cool. Do I need a set for the rears too?
Yes, the rears are also on JBA's site, they are for the 4" lift but they are cut to fit. It's self explanatory where to cut them when you see them. Some people have had luck using two hockey pucks stacked and bolted to each side.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15

Yes, the rears are also on JBA's site, they are for the 4" lift but they are cut to fit. It's self explanatory where to cut them when you see them. Some people have had luck using two hockey pucks stacked and bolted to each side.
Might as well use the pucks since the NHL is not using them.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Sorry their stuff is far from bombproof. Don't mean to put you down or anything but their sliders are a joke.
Guess which one is made by rro.

hopefully, I wil have better luck with my new front bumper.
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy

hopefully, I wil have better luck with my new front bumper.
Have someone double up or reinforce those 1x1 support legs and you might be ok. Show the welder the pic of the bent part.
Unread 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Well firstly living in Ma. 4x4 parts are few far between as are wheelers. I did buy RRO sliders and roof rails and agian They went on well serve my purpose(for now) and it was before I found this forum. Also I was getting the Rockfather?ome set up, till I found JBA. Im well on my way.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.