Black headlights on a kk sport? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Black headlights on a kk sport?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Benshields

Black headlights on a kk sport?

I got a stock kk 2011. My model did not come with black headlights but I noticed another liberty trim did. So that being said, could I buy those black ones online and install them in my sport?

Benshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes you can. You can find them at your dealer or even ebay. I want to say they are around $250 each,IIRC
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benshields
I got a stock kk 2011. My model did not come with black headlights but I noticed another liberty trim did. So that being said, could I buy those black ones online and install them in my sport?
Most Sport models did not come equipped with foglamps so when you buy the black outs they will still not function. I am unsure of the part numbers for the wire harness to make them function. You would also need to replace the headlight switch.

A few alternatives:
Buy the blackouts and keep the fogs not functional.
Buy the blackouts and wiring harness and switch to make them functional.
Or make your existing headlight assembly blackouts. There is a write up on how to do it on here or LOST. Do a search for that. Good results as well. I am selling my no fog headlight assemblies if you want to have back ups before undertaking that last option.
I also am selling a headlight with fog switch if you want to buy the blackouts. All you would need then is the wire harness. Keep in mind that my switch will not allow the automatic headlights to work. You will have to turn them on manually.
Have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.