biggest size tires with a 3.5" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > biggest size tires with a 3.5" lift

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 08-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
mickeymouse4348

biggest size tires with a 3.5" lift

hello, im new to jeeps and off roading and all that fun stuff and i was thinking about getting either a 2.5" lift, but more likely a 3.5" lift and i was wondering what size tires i can run, ive seen a few different sizes so i dont know whats right. btw i have a 2008 if it matters. thanks!

mickeymouse4348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

245-75-16 good over all size
maybe able to squeeze 265-75s on but won't have much room for flex and you'll need to regear

If it was me OME springs and shocks, add a 1/4 inch top plate and 1/4 inch clevis
and 245-75s and be done
will look and perform well
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
mickeymouse4348

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
245-75-16 good over all size
maybe able to squeeze 265-75s on but won't have much room for flex and you'll need to regear

If it was me OME springs and shocks, add a 1/4 inch top plate and 1/4 inch clevis
and 245-75s and be done
will look and perform well
im a poor college student so im trying to get my truck as big as possible for as cheap as possible, so no ome anything haha. i know tires wont be under $150 each so im trying to get a cheap and reliable lift. i just need a little extra space for clearing hills, roots, ruts, and rocks. but thanks for your help
mickeymouse4348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse4348 View Post
im a poor college student so im trying to get my truck as big as possible for as cheap as possible, so no ome anything haha. i know tires wont be under $150 each so im trying to get a cheap and reliable lift. i just need a little extra space for clearing hills, roots, ruts, and rocks. but thanks for your help
If you are a poor college student, I wouldn't mess with a lift because you will then need an alighnment. Plus a cheap lift will make your ride crappy. I would just save your money and when you are done with school and get some $$ rolling in, then do it right. Coil spring, shocks and struts. Keep the stock tires til the threads show lol, then just get everythng at once.

In the meantime, the idiots running this country are doing anything about the oil prices going down so, you may want to hold off.

Good luck
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
maitiu

Sorry, I know there are millions of tires size questions here but it's hard flipping through ALL of them. I am getting the 3.5" lift installed in the next week or two, and I am just wanting opinions on what tire size to go with. My 2012 Liberty Latitude currently has Hankooks on the stock 17" wheels. I am keeping the stock wheels, but when it's time for tires, I want to go a little bigger without causing any problems or issues. Current size is 235/65/17. Thanks!
maitiu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Stick to a 30 inch tall tire
won't lose much power or fuel mileage
Depending on type of tread you want etc will depend on 65/70 series etc
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
Stick to a 30 inch tall tire
won't lose much power or fuel mileage
Depending on type of tread you want etc will depend on 65/70 series etc
Agreed!
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

You do know that the Liberty is fairly capable without a lift? Get some skids and tow hooks and you've got a surprisingly good 4x4.
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.