Bars in Place - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Bars in Place

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 11-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Hey Silver 08',

I think the full front guard looks awesome also the rear bumper and the tail light guards. I could of used it when some jerk off contractor in van decided to turn into me during traffic and skimmed the front fender of my Jeep. For the front, if you have tow hooks installed in the front do you have to remove them to get the bar in?

Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #17
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello
Hey Silver 08',

I think the full front guard looks awesome also the rear bumper and the tail light guards. I could of used it when some jerk off contractor in van decided to turn into me during traffic and skimmed the front fender of my Jeep. For the front, if you have tow hooks installed in the front do you have to remove them to get the bar in?
According to the installation instructions, yes you do. However, my KK did not have them to begin with, so I couldn't try to install them with the bar.
I believe it's a matter of how the bar is mounted. It uses a plate that slides into the lower radiator support, and my guess is that the bolts used to mount the guard are a different size as the ones used for the tow hooks.
silver08kk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the info, I was wondering can you mount a winch and/or light on the front bar?
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #19
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

Yes, at least with the lights. There are 2 pre-drilled holes in the bar, with plugs in them.
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver08kk View Post
Finally got my grill guard, side steps, bumper bar, and taillight guards on!!!
I did a search for those tail light guards and came up empty. Maybe its me getting senile but i'm at a loss.

Also thinking about finally putting a hitch receiver on, what kind of drop should I look at for the hitch? Different ones are showing through Mopar. Thanks.
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I went with the full front more for protection. There are A LOT of deer around my area!!!
You know of course body shops love those kinds of "protection" They cause more damage so they make more money !
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
TIJKK1220
2008 KK Liberty 

http://www.justforjeeps.com/foglights3.html Just for jeeps has the whole fog kit upgrade with harness for 270 if anyone is interested
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #23
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Finally got my grill guard, side steps, bumper bar, and taillight guards on!!!
Received and installed my tail light guards today. Ordered from CarID. Took over a month to get - made to order they said?

Anyway it took longer to unpack than it did to install them. Only issue is that on the driver's side guard, lower bracket, the top edge rubs on the edge of the hatch when closing. Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is maybe just grind down that part of the bracket a little.
Jeep black tube step/side rails
Jeep molded splash guards
Jeep cargo area security cover
Jeep hitch receiver and wiring
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

I used a rubber mallet, and did some "adjusting" to it on mine because I had the same problem.
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
TSGTBARCLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejeri

Received and installed my tail light guards today. Ordered from CarID. Took over a month to get - made to order they said?

Anyway it took longer to unpack than it did to install them. Only issue is that on the driver's side guard, lower bracket, the top edge rubs on the edge of the hatch when closing. Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is maybe just grind down that part of the bracket a little.
Are there different company's making the tail light guards or just one on CarID? I'm interested in ordering some too.
TSGTBARCLAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #26
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

The only company I can find making them is BlackHorse. CarID sells their products. My taillight guards, rear bumper bar, need bars, and push bar are all BlackHorse.
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

I bought mine from CarID but they're made by Steelcraft. Here's a copy of the packing list. With shipping and all it came to $115. Shipping to Alaska, go figure.

With all the mods I'd like to do I've got to do budget planning well in advance. Living on a fixed retirement income sucks, especially when it comes to "toys."
capture1.jpg  
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #28
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
I used a rubber mallet, and did some "adjusting" to it on mine because I had the same problem.
Did you just do the "adjusting" on the part rubbing? Looks like I should adjust that part inward some.
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #29
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

I wonder if these would have even saved my tail light when I busted it mudding on the weekend. I guess I probably would be out a tail light guard but still not have a cracked tail light housing!
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #30
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Finally got some pics of the guards installed. They seem pretty sturdy.
2009-jeep-liberty-15-left-side-tl-guard.jpg   2009-jeep-liberty-16-right-side-tl-guard.jpg   2009-jeep-liberty-17-tl-guards.jpg  
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.