Bars in Place - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Bars in Place

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

Bars in Place

Finally got my grill guard, side steps, bumper bar, and taillight guards on!!!

image-4184103895.jpg   image-3488272268.jpg   image-1380002357.jpg  
silver08kk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Now that is darn out right UGLY!!!!!

NOT!!! I am impressed, you picked all the right aftermarket add to enhance the Liberty perfect. Looks like you also have a great place on the cross bar of the grill guard if you ever want to add additional lighting.

Again, great job!!!
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks! I'm planning on adding a set of PIAA HID fog lights on the front bar. Plus I am swapping out the headlights for some with fogs. And changing them to HID as well. And my finally light add on will be a KJ light bar on the roof converted to HID.
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Where did you get the light guards? I've been looking at the same brush guard, but in stainless and was also thinking about the tail light guards.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

The taillight guards are by far the hardest to find. They are BlackHorse, but everything else is SteelCraft. I actually found the guards on eBay, because everyone had them on backordered.
Unread 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

WOW copycat LOL LOL

LOOK GREAT!!!!

you can also try

www.broadfeet.com

that's where I got mine.....ask for David...tell him the guy with the bronze lib sent ya
2011-08-13-15.54.42.jpg   2011-08-13-15.54.59.jpg   front-smudge.jpg  
hogowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver08kk View Post
Thanks! I'm planning on adding a set of PIAA HID fog lights on the front bar. Plus I am swapping out the headlights for some with fogs. And changing them to HID as well. And my finally light add on will be a KJ light bar on the roof converted to HID.
You might want to try the PIAA lights before investing in the OEM fog lights. Don't get me wrong the OEM lights are good, but there are better lights offered aftermarket.
Unread 11-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm not going aftermarket. I ordered the switch over kit from Mopar. It consists of new headlamps, wiring harness, and control switch. Then I'll be adding HID kits to both the fog lights and headlights. Plus the 2" PIAA HID cross country lights. Then a KJ roof light bar converted to HID. ( I like to light up the road at night ). LOL
Unread 11-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver08kk View Post
I'm not going aftermarket. I ordered the switch over kit from Mopar. It consists of new headlamps, wiring harness, and control switch. Then I'll be adding HID kits to both the fog lights and headlights. Plus the 2" PIAA HID cross country lights. Then a KJ roof light bar converted to HID. ( I like to light up the road at night ). LOL
If you don't mind my asking, what is the cost to change over to the OEM fog lights with the use of the kit....I am just curious.

Make sure you post photos of the KJ roof light bar when you get it installed. If you think of it take photos along the installation process and give us a good write up.

I would love to do the front grill guard on mine, but with the Blue Ox tow bar brackets in place, that is out of the question.
Unread 11-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #10
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

I'll do my best to document the process. May be until the beginning of the year to get everything finished, hectic time of the year right now.
Unread 11-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Where did you find the fog kit? I was thinking about doing it for my truck. I regret not getting fogs, but thw skyslider was worth losing them lol. Any idea if the kits works with the 2011s?
Unread 11-12-2011, 06:21 AM   #12
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

I ordered it from a local dealership. It runs a little less than $300. And according to them, it only works on '08 & '09 models. Not sure why, but that's what they said.
Unread 11-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Dang, I'm thinking of just ordering headlights with fogs built in, then just make an aux switch for them. Would have been nice to just have the factory switch though.
Unread 11-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
rayjay
1991 XJ Cherokee 

not a huge fan of the tail light guards but everything else is nice. I do like the half front guards a litttle better but yours is ok. Nice work!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #213

CARS:
1979 Honda Civic CVCC - 213k
1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo - 330k
1995 Honda Accord EX w/ H22 Swap - 305k

***Yes I am a girl, but my husband uses this too.***
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #15
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

I went with the full front more for protection. There are A LOT of deer around my area!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.