aux switch location suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > aux switch location suggestions

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Korruptor

aux switch location suggestions

I'll be installing three (3) switches soon for my aux lighting system.

Two of the switches are lighted duckbill toggle switches, about 3/4" above and below the mount surface.
The third switch is a black DPDT rocker switch about 1/2" above and 1" below the mount surface.

Has anyone mounted aux switches for anything? Where did you put them? Would you have chosen a different spot if you could were to do it again?

Unread 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

K, I installed a pair of fog lights and installed the switch (see pic) in the forwardmost console. The arrows are suggestions on where to mount the swiches.

Caution: ALWAYS disconnect the battery (negative (-) black first) when performing any electrical mod on a vehicle.

Always install a relay and a fuse when making install auxillary lighting.
02091653.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
Korruptor

The three blanks I had thought about, but I have stuffl aying across the console for my GPS/charging units for various electronics we carry with us in the Jeep, and it mostly blocks or would be in the wayof the switches where those blanks are.
On the side of the console where that arrow is might work though.

Is there any room behind the console around the gauges to install a switch?

Oh, and What have you done to your 4x4 lever? Get stuck and enraged?
Unread 02-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

The black arrow is a recommended location. The yellow circle is the best location. I would stay away from the gauges and any area directly in front of the knee area (Below Steering wheel)
02101237.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
Korruptor

Great! Thanks for the ideas. I hadn't considered where the black is. That would be a good location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.