Audio Questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Audio Questions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 08-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #16
spog1964

kk stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LII3ERTYSP0RT View Post
If anyone needs any help let me know. I've helped few people on here via phone etc. if you live in Long Island I'd be happy to help you personally.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
hi dave, my name is Dale.. i am in australia.. i have a 2010 kk... here its called a cherokee over there its a liberty..hope you can help... i installed a aftermarket stereo, and i want to use my steering whel controls. the new unit has wires to connect the steering wheel to, but i dont know what wires are used from the steering wheel,,, hope this makes sence.. cheers mate

spog1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #17
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spog1964

hi dave, my name is Dale.. i am in australia.. i have a 2010 kk... here its called a cherokee over there its a liberty..hope you can help... i installed a aftermarket stereo, and i want to use my steering whel controls. the new unit has wires to connect the steering wheel to, but i dont know what wires are used from the steering wheel,,, hope this makes sence.. cheers mate
That I'm not really sure. I would amp out the wires with a tester to identify them. Seems your only problem is not knowing which wires to connect.

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
CaptainJarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spog1964 View Post
Not sure what brand of head unit you installed, but if it's compatible with steering wheel controls this should work for ya. I installed it in my 2012 Liberty with a four year old double DIN Alpine DVD player and it works flawlessly. You won't need all the wires you see in the picture, since it's a universal box it comes with a lot of wires for other brands of head units. Worth every penny. There's another company called PAC that sells a similar unit, but you have to program every key. This one is self programming and you can customize as well. Hope this helps.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...xess-ASWC.html
CaptainJarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
TowleC

When installing a line out converter, could I just tap into the rear driver/passenger door speakers?

Thanks,
Chris
TowleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #20
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowleC
When installing a line out converter, could I just tap into the rear driver/passenger door speakers?

Thanks,
Chris
Yes you can buy if your already running wires from the deck or say a power wire under the carpet it is easier then fishing wires through the door grommet in my opinion.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #21
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
If anyone needs any help let me know. I've helped few people on here via phone etc. if you live in Long Island I'd be happy to help you personally.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
I have the 8 speaker + sub Infinity premium sound system in my 2010 Renegade. I was thinking of upgrading the sub... am I am able to just straight up replace Infinity with a 10 in? Will it fit? Do you know how much is watt/amp is currently pushing to the Infinity?
ViktorMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorMax

I have the 8 speaker + sub Infinity premium sound system in my 2010 Renegade. I was thinking of upgrading the sub... am I am able to just straight up replace Infinity with a 10 in? Will it fit? Do you know how much is watt/amp is currently pushing to the Infinity?
I didn't get that model. But whatever size sub is in box, lets say its 10" than you could put any 10" sub in its place. As for the amps/watts, my stereo from jeep only pushes 50amps I think. However your model came with a infinity amp under your front passenger seat I believe. I would look at your amp (audio output for subwoofer) and see what the RMS rating is for that output. Don't worry about amps/watts because the RMS rating is the true power you will/could use without damaging your amp and or subwoofer. With that info in hand you can shop for a replacement subwoofer based on size and RMS rating for peak performance. All so keep in mind you could put a more powerful amp in place of the stock amp if your looking for more power or run a separate amp just for your subwoofer.

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

The stock sub is an 8". I looked into buying the box and jeep said any 8" will fit
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #24
TowleC

http://www.audiocontrol.com/17612/64...l----LC2i.html
With this LOC, what gauge wiring should i use for the 12v power and ground? Also, what is a good gauge for speaker wiring?

Thanks,
Chris
TowleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have read that the KK USB connector is behind the plastic covering the passenger rear wheel well... I haven't pulled my wife's apart yet because she decided the bluetooth filled her needs so I can't confirm.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwilson74
I have read that the KK USB connector is behind the plastic covering the passenger rear wheel well... I haven't pulled my wife's apart yet because she decided the bluetooth filled her needs so I can't confirm.
I'll have to check. When I had that panel off I didn't see it

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #27
printingray

From where to get the best iPod interface cable required to connect iPod to the UConnect System?
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #28
Jame617
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Factory or self installed?

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Factory...

It has the buttons like it should work but there not "pressable" (if that makes sense)
Jame617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
isomswim

To help some of you out a little. I understand you may want to keep your Uconnect but it is much simpler just to replace the headunit with the options you want. Yeah honesty hurts sometimes. I loved my Uconnect and basic radio until I started upgrading and it kinda became a pain. It can be done but it also becomes a huge headache when you want to make your radio do something it was not meant to do. I used to have the stock radio with Uconnect (RER I think?) then I added the Audiocontrol Lc6i and 1 added amp with all door speakers upgraded. It was a fine setup but it had its limitations and I lost the use of my dash speakers. So instead of trying to find more options with stock I went with a set up that I have used previously in another vehicle. Clarion Cx501, front speakers wired into radio and doors wired into amp, also got xm module. the only "problem" is my Uconnect buttons are useless. Just my 2cents here but if you wanna do something right do it right the first time, like I should have.
isomswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #30
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by isomswim
To help some of you out a little. I understand you may want to keep your Uconnect but it is much simpler just to replace the headunit with the options you want. Yeah honesty hurts sometimes. I loved my Uconnect and basic radio until I started upgrading and it kinda became a pain. It can be done but it also becomes a huge headache when you want to make your radio do something it was not meant to do. I used to have the stock radio with Uconnect (RER I think?) then I added the Audiocontrol Lc6i and 1 added amp with all door speakers upgraded. It was a fine setup but it had its limitations and I lost the use of my dash speakers. So instead of trying to find more options with stock I went with a set up that I have used previously in another vehicle. Clarion Cx501, front speakers wired into radio and doors wired into amp, also got xm module. the only "problem" is my Uconnect buttons are useless. Just my 2cents here but if you wanna do something right do it right the first time, like I should have.
Dash tweeters are garbage anyway. I installed better ones on the windshield trim.

2011 Liberty KK Sport
image-2310659828.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.