Audio Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Audio Questions

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Audio Questions

If anyone needs any help let me know. I've helped few people on here via phone etc. if you live in Long Island I'd be happy to help you personally.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Unread 08-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Will help with anything. Custom looks etc. Can do custom speaker tweeter etc install. Build you a subwoofer box. Help you take apart interior. Answer questions. Just looking to give back to Jeepforums what I've gotten out.

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Unread 08-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #3
NLakey
2012 KK Liberty 

I recently purchased a 2012 KK with the 130n with UConnect. However there are no USB ports in either the glovebox or the center console. I learned from dodge ram forums that every UConnect has a USB. These forums describe how to remove the glovebox and find the hidden USB cord and rout it into the glovebox. I have been unable to find the hidden USB location for the KK and was hoping someone has already discovered it.
NLakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLakey
I recently purchased a 2012 KK with the 130n with UConnect. However there are no USB ports in either the glovebox or the center console. I learned from dodge ram forums that every UConnect has a USB. These forums describe how to remove the glovebox and find the hidden USB cord and rout it into the glovebox. I have been unable to find the hidden USB location for the KK and was hoping someone has already discovered it.
I don't have the unconnect. But I'll find out what I can.

Unread 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
So we both have the same radio. Here's the thing. I'm not sure if you purchased the unconnect module which is an upgrade. Otherwise your hands free button is useless. I don't have the unconnect module. But I can assure you there is no hidden USB in the KK. When I installed my system, I removed my entire dash and all my interior, glovebox console seats trim carpet etc. I did this to for my benefit to learn my truck inside and out. I can assure you there is no hidden USB. What I can tell you is the module cost about 350 to 450 dollars. That being said you are better off buying a aftermarket head unit with the ports and features you want. If you live on long island I'd be happy to install it for you.

Unread 08-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
NLakey
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the reply. I do have UConnect on my radio. My claim is that the UConnect module has a USB port not the radio. Regardless of whether or not you get the radio, glovebox, or center console with the USB port the UConnect module only comes in one configuration so what they do is tape the USB from the UConnect to some obscure interior portion of the vehicle where it is out of the way. In other Chrysler and Dodge vehicles owners have been able to find the location where this unused (though still active) USB is and have posted tutorials online. I am hoping that someone has found this on the KK. Thanks.
Unread 08-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I do have UConnect on my radio. My claim is that the UConnect module has a USB port not the radio. Regardless of whether or not you get the radio, glovebox, or center console with the USB port the UConnect module only comes in one configuration so what they do is tape the USB from the UConnect to some obscure interior portion of the vehicle where it is out of the way. In other Chrysler and Dodge vehicles owners have been able to find the location where this unused (though still active) USB is and have posted tutorials online. I am hoping that someone has found this on the KK. Thanks.
I'm going to take my dash out again because now I'm curious. It's def not under the center console I know that. Also every wire I encountered in our truck is live and ready for use. Atleast the ones I put my meter on. I'll get back to you with my results.

Unread 08-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
NLakey
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks! I appreciate the help. Here is a link from the Ram forum that I referenced earlier...it may help. http://www.ramforum.com/f42/added-up...87/index4.html
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm interested in the result here also . . . . I just picked up a 2012 Arctic and was disappointed that the 430 RBZ radio does not directly support the iPod. The manual I downloaded on jeep.com as well as the DVD supplied with the Jeep refer to "iPod mode . . . if so equipped". The manual even shows photos of iPod mode screenshots. One of the manuals I have seen says "Apple products not supported".

I'd be willing to pay for the cable if it was possible.

Dave
DavidDulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Jame617
2012 KK Liberty 

DVD Question

I am having some trouble with the entertainment unit. It says I have the DVD/HDD/CD entertainment unit however when I put in a DVD I get the sound but no video... is that normal? I would have thought that I would be able to watch it (in park of course not while driving) I tried going under my DVD options but it doesnt let me click on anything when I am on the setup screen. Any help would be appreciated!!
Jame617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame617
I am having some trouble with the entertainment unit. It says I have the DVD/HDD/CD entertainment unit however when I put in a DVD I get the sound but no video... is that normal? I would have thought that I would be able to watch it (in park of course not while driving) I tried going under my DVD options but it doesnt let me click on anything when I am on the setup screen. Any help would be appreciated!!
Factory or self installed?

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
bsad67
2012 KK Liberty 

I read on moparonlineparts.com that it was behind the glove box and they sell the adaptor to connect it together. I haven't taked to there online chat
http://www.forjeepsonly.com/jeep-forum/showthread.php?108-Member-from-FABO
bsad67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #13
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsad67
I read on moparonlineparts.com that it was behind the glove box and they sell the adaptor to connect it together. I haven't taked to there online chat
Painted dash yesterday. Looked again and still haven't found it. I'll keep my findings posted

2011 Liberty KK Sport
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
DavidDulin
2012 KK Liberty 

phantom USB

So . . . . I have been trolling the forums (Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Challenger, you name it) looking for answers on connecting the iPod. No luck.

I called Jeep directly, and asked about "iPod mode, if so equipped" as outlined in the RBZ430 manual. The conversation wen't something like this:

JEEP:the iPod can be plugged into the center console USB port.

ME: There is no center console USB port.

After being put briefly on hold-

JEEP: "i guess that isnt supported."

ME: what about the remote USB port in the Wrangler? Can I buy that cable? I can install it. I worked in a car audio shop for several years.

JEEP: That isn't available

ME: Why not, is there a difference in the 430RBZ in the Liberty and the 430RBZ in the Wrangler?

JEEP: Yes.

ME: Ok, what is the difference?

JEEP: I don't know.

ME: Can the radio be reflashed to think it is in a Wrangler?

JEEP: So, is there anything else I can help you with?

On justforjeeps.com there are three separate cables listed:
http://www.justforjeeps.com/ipinm20.html

Item # 82212001 (Replaces item # 82210787AB) - Connects iPod to exisitng factory installed UConnect module with iPod integration* (UCI). Harness charges iPhone and iPod.
Will not work with 08-10 KK Liberty or 07-10 JK Wrangler models with Factory UConnect.
*Will not work with 2011-2012 models with factory UConnect.*
For Jeeps with factory UConnect.

Item # 82212000 (Replaces Item # 82211263AC) - Connects iPod to the Mopar UConnect module with iPod integration*, item numbers 82211877 or 82211878. Harness charges iPhone and iPod.
Will not work with 82212159 and 82212499 UConnect Kits (See cable below).
For Jeeps with Mopar UConnect.

Item # 82212160 - Connects iPod to USB on the Mopar UConnect module with iPod integration*, item number 82212159 or 82212499. Harness charges iPhone and iPod. Only able to control via iPod and not radio.
For Jeeps with Mopar UConnect.

All three of the install guides show the iPod cable being routed to the glovebox. How can you use the iPod clickwheel if the device is in the glovebox!

There has to be a way to get the Wrangler remove USB port cable assembly, but I cannot find any information on it. This may be worth a junkyard trip!

Dave
DavidDulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #15
AJHeating

Mine has a USB port but it is right of the screen, you pop a little cover off and plug in, or is there another. my wife runs her mp3 off that
AJHeating is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.