AtTheHelm's KK rear bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > AtTheHelm's KK rear bumper

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 11-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
AtTheHelm

AtTheHelm's KK rear bumper

AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

That is just all kinds of SWEET!!!! But, I wonder about the weight, the KK is pretty limited as to what it will hold with out sagging in the tailend.
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
AtTheHelm

Thanks

Ome 731s and it'll be fine. Between removing my hitch and plastic bumper I'm only adding about 50lbs.
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

]All finished.

I used Duplicolor's "truck bed coating" on my front and rear bumpers and like it a lot. If you do many light coats with the can at about 18" away you get a good sturdy finish with good texture. Their other product "bed armor" sucks though, I can't believe they havn't discontinued it.
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Aaron77
2010 KK Liberty 

That is an AWESOME bumper. Did you build it or is somebody out there fabbing these? I saw one in progress a couple of years ago but was concerned what the weight would be. At only 50lbs. net increase, that is impressive. Is the Receiver rated for towing, or just for accessories?
Aaron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

That is a work of art. Looks like it greatly changed the departure angle from the rear end. NICE!!!!
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron77
That is an AWESOME bumper. Did you build it or is somebody out there fabbing these? I saw one in progress a couple of years ago but was concerned what the weight would be. At only 50lbs. net increase, that is impressive. Is the Receiver rated for towing, or just for accessories?
Thanks
Yes I'm making these myself. The extra weight really isn't much of an issue, between the front and rear bumpers i just think of it as having another passenger on board. I'll def need to get ome 731 rear springs though. I braced up that receiver pretty good, I need to test it with a fork lift before I tow anything on a public road, but i'm confident it'll be strong enough to tow what the liberty is capable of.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
AtTheHelm

If anybody wants one of these let me know. I have enough steel right now to make two bumpers, front or rear. I was going to make a couple of front bumpers soon but I can do rear instead. Figured someone may want one around tax return time. Pm me if interested.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

OK, time to slap up some front bumper photos here also.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
AtTheHelm

Here ya go

This is my prototype bumper that is on my Jeep now, which is a little different than the one i have templated for production.

Custom skid

Unread 12-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Looks great as a matched set. ya done good my friend !!!!
Unread 12-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Very nice!

I notice that both your front and rear bumpers are shorter (narrower) than the stock bumpers, particularly towards the outer edges. Was this for a specific reason or just to your taste?
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I would venture a guess to improve approach and departure angle allowing larger obsticles to be overcome if approached properly.
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Not going to lie, that's pretty bad ***.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm buying a KK this weekend. Love the bumper. Having you build one and ship it from CA would be crazy expensive. Possible to get plans from you? How strong is the hitch at that point? How much could I tow?
BenHoleton is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.