Arctic is home! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Arctic is home!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #31
mazza
2011 KK Liberty 

That is a great look! If you dont want to spend a couple hundred on a gas mileage tool, just do the math. I'm a math teacher so I use approach heh. And get very excited about it.

Fill the tank (know the capacity....19 gallons?) Restart one of the odometers (I use "Trip B"). Drive it until it is low on fuel. Fill her back up. When you fill it back up the second time, let's say you end up putting 17 gallons back in. That means you used 17 out of the 19 gallons while driving. Look at your odometer "Trip B" or whatever you used. Let's say you went 215 miles on that 17 gallons of gas.

215 miles / 17 gallons = 12.6 miles per gallon.

I did it yesterday as I finished my first tank and saw a number close to 13.5 mpg. I'm hoping the cold has to do with that and the fact that I let the baby warm up for 5-10 minutes when the morning is really cold. I'll compare to summer months.

mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

The math teacher is correct. The Liberty is not good on gas or power, and if that is your concern, don't get one. If you talk to anyone on here, however, I think most get much better mpg, and love their Jeeps. I don't use the math approach, but the iPhone app which does all the work for me. I get between 16 and 18 mpg, but then again, I bought mine knowing the reviews and haven't regretted a second! If I wanted mpg, I'd get a Prius.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #33
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Last tank of gas I drove 169 miles and when the tnak was filled it was 10.63 gallons = 15.89mpg. Just a note on my way home I drove about 60 miles and my Lib was stuck in 2nd and my engine rpm was 3000 at 40mph.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #34
mazza
2011 KK Liberty 

I'm sure I will get better gas mileage. Like I said, I allow more than enough time for the Jeep to warm-up on these bitter mornings, so there is more than enough idling. Pittsburgh driving only brings down vehicle mpg as well.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.