Anyone Replaced Tail/Signal/Brake lights with LEDs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Anyone Replaced Tail/Signal/Brake lights with LEDs?

We still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 05-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
JSAN

Anyone Replaced Tail/Signal/Brake lights with LEDs?

I was looking to get some bulbs for my Jeep. I read that LEDs are much brighter than Halogens and the obvious lifespan of LEDs.

I was wondering if anyone here has gone the LED route. Share some experience and what you bought. Pictures if you have any.

Thanks

JSAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
ASK87
2009 KK Liberty 

that would be awesome , i wanna do it too , but don't know where and How !!

Yes LED is 20X More life time , Less heat Generation and way less battery Consumption , on the long Run it maybe Saving you some Gas as Well ! Plus that it's less annoying to the opposite Drivers ,
But i Believe you need to Change the whole Set , Socket and wiring too , it's gonna cost Ya , Keep me Updated if you Find Any thing !
ASK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Dewphy
2009 KK Liberty 

Check this place out Super Bright LEDs
I've used them for my past two vehicles. Just pick a dual intensity bulb with the right connector and just swap them out. Never worry about changing your bulbs again and enjoy the LED look. For taillights, get them in RED not white, it gives you a pure red color with none of the yellow hue. Since I tinted my taillights, this is a MUST since they give off a fraction of the heat a regular bulb does. Hope this helps!
Dewphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

Sylvania osram's website will tell what bulbs numbers are in your Jeep.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
TIJKK1220
2008 KK Liberty 

I have Spider LEDs in my Tail Lights. one second and I'll edit a picture on this post.

TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
TIJKK1220
2008 KK Liberty 

I have red led in mine but I wonder what a white would do in there.
You think they would go orange?
I like the pure red and they are equal/brigher than stock but I was curious if white would get them a hair brighter

http://www.ledlight.com/t25-spider-led-light.aspx

3157 is the bulb you need regardless of what type of LED you go for.
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
Jeen
2010 KK Liberty 

Hyperflashing and Canbus

Hey All,

I just bought replacement LEDs per reference of the superbrightleds.com Website. However earlier I seem to have found a posting here about hyperflashing issues with turn signals.....can't find the thread anymore..

The LEDs I ordered are all CAN bus compatible.

Anyone here experience any issue with changing to LEDs with hyperflashing or such?

And is it as easy as just click replacing the original bulbs?

Thanks in advance.
Jeen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
Cirello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeen
Hey All,

I just bought replacement LEDs per reference of the superbrightleds.com Website. However earlier I seem to have found a posting here about hyperflashing issues with turn signals.....can't find the thread anymore..

Anyone here experience any issue with changing to LEDs with hyperflashing or such?

Thanks in advance.
Go for HID
Cirello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
Dewphy
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeen View Post
Hey All,

Thanks in advance.
If you ordered the 12V bulbs that I referred you to, they already have the load resistors (that prevent hyperflashing) installed. All you need to do is simply swap them out.
Dewphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.