Anyone have problems with the cruise control? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Anyone have problems with the cruise control?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
spotdog14

Anyone have problems with the cruise control?

The finance and I got a '11 Liberty last month and I have been driving it primarily because she drives a lot farther to work and basically has stolen my Fusion.

Anyways I have noticed that I think I have something wrong with my cruise control switch. It worked fine (I think) for the first week or so but now for example I can press the ON/OFF button maybe two dozen times before the CRUISE lights up on the dash. Am I just a moron or should I take it in? I did notice the buttons have to be depressed fully in order for them to work instead of just lightly pressing them.

Thoughts?

spotdog14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
hogowner
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a 2011 Libby also. I used the Cruise Control maybe 2 times. I just had to press my on-off once and I saw it come up on the dashboard. I don't remember having to press it numerous times.
hogowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
glsec507

i have an 08 but I did realize that the switch seems a bit on the not at all sensitive side. meaning if i casually reach over and tap the on/off button with the closest finger it doesnt always work. When I first noticed it I thought the same as you...what the frick!? but i played with it some and noticed i need to give it a firm push inward. If I do that it works everytime.
glsec507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

My cruise is not very sensitive i to have push it quite hard or couple of times in to get it to set it. becomes a pain u think it set then let off the gas to find out u are slowing down because it didnt set
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
WA_KK
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the same problem. I had an 08 dodge before the jeep and it had the same problem too. It took a little while to get used to it but eventually you won't even notice

Sent from my HTC EVO using JeepForum
WA_KK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.