Any thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Any thoughts?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Any thoughts?

I haven't had dry ground to get under and look yet, but after driving yesterday, I started hearing a consistent sound. After I shut it off, the sound continued. I quick peak underneath at 2 in the morning revealed something dripping under the drivers side door. The sound was the drops hitting the exhaust pipe right around what I assume is the cat converter. The liquid was clear and didnt have any scent. Is there anything in that area that could be leaking that I should be aware of or is it probably just water that got under there? Never happened before. Any ideas??

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
I haven't had dry ground to get under and look yet, but after driving yesterday, I started hearing a consistent sound. After I shut it off, the sound continued. I quick peak underneath at 2 in the morning revealed something dripping under the drivers side door. The sound was the drops hitting the exhaust pipe right around what I assume is the cat converter. The liquid was clear and didnt have any scent. Is there anything in that area that could be leaking that I should be aware of or is it probably just water that got under there? Never happened before. Any ideas??
Hm... seems to be pretty hot in Franklin Square lately. Let me guess. You've been using your AC? I knew it! It's probably just condensation dripping
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Most likely condensation dripping off the ac onto the exhaust. Makes a hissing sound like water on something hot? If so, then you have your answer and nothing to worry about lol
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Thts what I was figuring cause seemed to just be water. I'm just not used to seeing it dripping from under front passenger seat. Usually drips under motor somewhere
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

The important thing is that there is water from the AC leaking on the ground floor. Jeep told me that there have been issues with the drain holes clogging and the water begins to leak in the passenger side floor. Last week, I was using my AC like crazy for 300 mile trip and my line froze and no water was leaking on the ground at all. Hope to have it checked out and fixed next week.
You should be all right if it is water and not coolant or oil.
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello
The important thing is that there is water from the AC leaking on the ground floor. Jeep told me that there have been issues with the drain holes clogging and the water begins to leak in the passenger side floor. Last week, I was using my AC like crazy for 300 mile trip and my line froze and no water was leaking on the ground at all. Hope to have it checked out and fixed next week.
You should be all right if it is water and not coolant or oil.
That makes me feel a little better, but have also notice last week that the air has not been as freezing cold as usual
Unread 07-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
Most likely condensation dripping off the ac onto the exhaust. Makes a hissing sound like water on something hot? If so, then you have your answer and nothing to worry about lol
Mine has always done this.
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #8
Ted15
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

That makes me feel a little better, but have also notice last week that the air has not been as freezing cold as usual
Check your cabin air filter.
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

That would affect the air temp huh? I have been noticing a smell too. I just figured my kids spilled something, but that could be the cabin filter too. I don't think it was ever changed.
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
Ted15
2010 KK Liberty 

When it gets dirty it slows the airflow. I change mine 1 or 2 times a year depending how dirty it gets. I really notice when it's dirty in the winter and the defroster doesn't work for crap.
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Dirty cabin air filter. Yuck... Time to change it.
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Check your cabin air filter.
Where is the cabin air filter located? I haven't been under the hood or the dash much. Barely get into the glove box.
Jeep black tube step/side rails
Jeep molded splash guards
Jeep cargo area security cover
Jeep hitch receiver and wiring
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
Ted15
2010 KK Liberty 

Funny you should say that, it's actually behind the glove box. Open it all the way and move the tabs at both sides and drop it open even further. You'll see the compartment door, the filters are in there. They're difficult to get out, I use needle nose pliers to grab them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.