JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Any thoughts? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/any-thoughts-1544440/)

rescue575 07-03-2013 11:56 AM

Any thoughts?

I haven't had dry ground to get under and look yet, but after driving yesterday, I started hearing a consistent sound. After I shut it off, the sound continued. I quick peak underneath at 2 in the morning revealed something dripping under the drivers side door. The sound was the drops hitting the exhaust pipe right around what I assume is the cat converter. The liquid was clear and didnt have any scent. Is there anything in that area that could be leaking that I should be aware of or is it probably just water that got under there? Never happened before. Any ideas??

huntb 07-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rescue575 (Post 15636828)
I haven't had dry ground to get under and look yet, but after driving yesterday, I started hearing a consistent sound. After I shut it off, the sound continued. I quick peak underneath at 2 in the morning revealed something dripping under the drivers side door. The sound was the drops hitting the exhaust pipe right around what I assume is the cat converter. The liquid was clear and didnt have any scent. Is there anything in that area that could be leaking that I should be aware of or is it probably just water that got under there? Never happened before. Any ideas??

Hm... seems to be pretty hot in Franklin Square lately. Let me guess. You've been using your AC? I knew it! It's probably just condensation dripping

Bmxer524 07-03-2013 01:16 PM

Most likely condensation dripping off the ac onto the exhaust. Makes a hissing sound like water on something hot? If so, then you have your answer and nothing to worry about lol

rescue575 07-03-2013 07:44 PM

Thts what I was figuring cause seemed to just be water. I'm just not used to seeing it dripping from under front passenger seat. Usually drips under motor somewhere

Poncherello 07-03-2013 08:48 PM

The important thing is that there is water from the AC leaking on the ground floor. Jeep told me that there have been issues with the drain holes clogging and the water begins to leak in the passenger side floor. Last week, I was using my AC like crazy for 300 mile trip and my line froze and no water was leaking on the ground at all. Hope to have it checked out and fixed next week.
You should be all right if it is water and not coolant or oil.

rescue575 07-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poncherello
The important thing is that there is water from the AC leaking on the ground floor. Jeep told me that there have been issues with the drain holes clogging and the water begins to leak in the passenger side floor. Last week, I was using my AC like crazy for 300 mile trip and my line froze and no water was leaking on the ground at all. Hope to have it checked out and fixed next week.
You should be all right if it is water and not coolant or oil.

That makes me feel a little better, but have also notice last week that the air has not been as freezing cold as usual

lfhoward 07-04-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmxer524 (Post 15637085)
Most likely condensation dripping off the ac onto the exhaust. Makes a hissing sound like water on something hot? If so, then you have your answer and nothing to worry about lol

Mine has always done this.

Ted15 07-06-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rescue575

That makes me feel a little better, but have also notice last week that the air has not been as freezing cold as usual

Check your cabin air filter.

rescue575 07-06-2013 10:08 AM

That would affect the air temp huh? I have been noticing a smell too. I just figured my kids spilled something, but that could be the cabin filter too. I don't think it was ever changed.

Ted15 07-06-2013 10:58 AM

When it gets dirty it slows the airflow. I change mine 1 or 2 times a year depending how dirty it gets. I really notice when it's dirty in the winter and the defroster doesn't work for crap.

lfhoward 07-06-2013 08:03 PM

Dirty cabin air filter. Yuck... Time to change it.
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56add95e.jpg

georgejeri 07-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted15 (Post 15646017)
Check your cabin air filter.

Where is the cabin air filter located? I haven't been under the hood or the dash much. Barely get into the glove box.

Ted15 07-08-2013 08:35 PM

Funny you should say that, it's actually behind the glove box. Open it all the way and move the tabs at both sides and drop it open even further. You'll see the compartment door, the filters are in there. They're difficult to get out, I use needle nose pliers to grab them.

The time now is 08:16 PM.