Any one has this on there libertySTEELCRAFT 32170 - Black Taillight Guards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Any one has this on there libertySTEELCRAFT 32170 - Black Taillight Guards

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Any one has this on there libertySTEELCRAFT 32170 - Black Taillight Guards

I just recieved these steel craft tail light guards for my liberty 2011 and my door will not close. Any one have these and can you shed some light. I verified its the right part that was sent.

SarOpsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

I think you need a pair of pliers or a little hammer.
_benjammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

How do you charge over a hundred dollars for this excpect to have to tweek it or hammer something new. I dont know call me carzy but that is not acceptable
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

I just posted pictures of my recent install in another thread. My hatch rubs just a little on the left side, just some at the bottom bracket. The other 3 points seem fine. One of the guys said he just did a little attitude adjustment with a rubber mallet. I still have to buy one of those to "fix" mine. You've got to remember the actual clearance there even before the guards are mounted. A little door tweaking, etc., could cause the rubs.

Kind of sad really. Bought our 09 new, but since them both my wife and I became disabled, me in 10/11. So guess what? Not much driving anymore. But the advantage, I guess, is that as of today we have 15.6K miles on the Lib. All maintenance done, 3k oil changes, etc. Just waiting for the next time we take it in and the service guy "recommends" maintenance and then gets the mileage.
Jeep black tube step/side rails
Jeep molded splash guards
Jeep cargo area security cover
Jeep hitch receiver and wiring
Black Taillight guards
Window vents
Bug deflector
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
SarOpsSix
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgejeri View Post
I just posted pictures of my recent install in another thread. My hatch rubs just a little on the left side, just some at the bottom bracket. The other 3 points seem fine. One of the guys said he just did a little attitude adjustment with a rubber mallet. I still have to buy one of those to "fix" mine. You've got to remember the actual clearance there even before the guards are mounted. A little door tweaking, etc., could cause the rubs.

Kind of sad really. Bought our 09 new, but since them both my wife and I became disabled, me in 10/11. So guess what? Not much driving anymore. But the advantage, I guess, is that as of today we have 15.6K miles on the Lib. All maintenance done, 3k oil changes, etc. Just waiting for the next time we take it in and the service guy "recommends" maintenance and then gets the mileage.
Sorry to hear about you and your wife.... Yeah it kinda sucks because these things put a small chip on both sides of my back door needed to get touch up paint. I'm going to return them not worth destroying my jeep for tail light covers. I did put a call into Steelcraft and talk to a repersentive who told me he would talk to the engineering dept and find out whats up. I have yet to hear from them lol. So I'am sending this back and probably wont try it again. It was nice on my Wrangler but i guess these vechiles are not the same. SUCKS.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.