Any KK Owner w/ K&N CAI? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Any KK Owner w/ K&N CAI?

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #31
KISSlover101
2008 KK Liberty 

I have this filter on my car and it works great, when I go to clean it every 12k miles there isn't any dirt on the inside of the filter. It sounded great before I put exhaust on my car. I think it was well worth the investment.

EDIT: i've never had any issues with the dealer servicing my car or with my engine. Just maintain your vehicle properly and you will be fine.

KISSlover101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #32
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

Update: Well I got 20 mpg on my way to St. George, UT last weekend. That was completely loaded down (passengers and luggage) and going 80mph. I was getting 19 - 20 (with lift and oversized tires) before installing the intake and that was with no one else in the Jeep and no luggage. So not a huge gain, but meh. I still love the sound and it still feels more responsive, especially at lower rpms. In hindsight if I were to consider buying this intake with what I know now I still probably would, but there might be a few other things I would spend the $250 on first. Having said that I'm really glad I have it and I would hate to go back to stock.

In summary:
1. Don't expect a big difference in mpg.
2. I still think it has more power than before but I don't have dyno numbers to support this.
3. It definitely is more responsive.
4. Love the sound.
5. Looks great under the hood.
6. Warranty wise my dealer has no problem with it, but some may.
Unread 03-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #33
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

Just out of curiosity, what would you buy before the K&N intake then for the $250?
BloodyShadow23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #34
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

Honestly, I would buy a downpipe for my Turbo Cobalt. Lol. If I were to spend it on my Jeep I would probably get skid plates.
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #35
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_Silver View Post
Honestly, I would buy a downpipe for my Turbo Cobalt. Lol. If I were to spend it on my Jeep I would probably get skid plates.
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #36
OG_Toucan
2008 KK Liberty 

I love all of the talk about voiding warranty on this thred. I guess it would be a concern if you aren't doing anything other than the filter. In my case, if I bought my jeep new, my warranty would be gone almost immediately what with wanting to do a suspension lift, intake, exhaust, wheels, tires, etc...... I like the K&N FIPK's. Had them on all my vehicles from a 2001 Audi TT Quattro to a 2006 F150. In every case I definately saw increased throttle response, increase in acceleration and if I could keep my foot out of the vehicle an increase in gas milage. I have had many discussions with installers and shops and the warranty condition comes down to the question "did the aftermarket part cause the failure?" If it did then you are done. If not then in a court of law the warranty will be up-held.....Of course is it worth a court battle over? probably not so you could be done anyway. LOL My opinion - If you are looking for something fun to add, as most of us are, then its a great buy. If you are looking to do it because you are hoping for some miracle cure to gas milage.....the Honda Prius might be a better answer.
OG_Toucan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #37
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Reading these posts, owning a vehicle like myself that's under warranty and plan to keep it well past it's warranty, then just do the mods. In the meantime, instead of cherry picking like just doing a filter, a chip, a pipe, just save your money do it all at once.

On a side note on NetFlix saw a movie called Gashole anyone else see it? It's a documentary. If those mods they made on those cars in the 50's are legit and are patented I would love to get my hands them.

Anyways, good luck :]
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #38
JetRollin11
2011 KK Liberty 

I hear all of this stuff about "oiled filters" but why would you want to buy a K&N when you can just buy a MOPAR CAI? it's a dry media filter so no worries about having to keep it re-oiled, its MOPAR so no worry about factory warrenty issues especially if you have the dealership install it, and it's a quick "rinse and reuse" to clean... am I missing somthing here?
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #39
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Worth every penny. Just installed last night and the sound is amazing and there is definitely improved throttle response.
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #40
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

The only thing I found out is that you have to be cautious of your kk stalling. This only happens if you come to a sudden stop while driving. I was talking with a tech when I was getting my winter tune up and he said that since so much air is now going through the throttle body, that when it closes, air is still going into the engine and chokes the engine. But this is the only problem I've found so far.
Unread 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #41
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

I've never had that problem myself. And I have had to make some pretty sudden stops.
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #42
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Question: Since on the subject of Air filters, I have 17K on my Lib and it still looks really clean which I am shocked every other car I owned the filter would of been replace 2K miles ago.

Upon replacing my stock filter would it be better using the blue Mopar stock replacement shown earlier on the post or using a fram or purlator? Suggestions?
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #43
Millitcb
2008 KK Liberty 

Do aem air intake no oil no problem
Millitcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #44
SilenceOfDaPwnd
2007 JK Wrangler 

Haters are gonna hate

I just bought mine online today and can't wait to add it to my 07 Wrangler X

I need a small project and even if it adds .02 better MPG
The sound it makes compared to the stock puss sound of my Stock Box is well worth it.
SilenceOfDaPwnd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #45
stv9000
2011 KK Liberty 

Anyone with the Mopar or AEM, What model did you get? any sight I go to says nothing will fit my 2011KK but the K&N.
stv9000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.