Another Taillight guard question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Another Taillight guard question...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 05-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
cherokeeshrop91
2009 KK Liberty 

Another Taillight guard question...

alright so i WAS considering buying the steelcraft tailguards, but after reading what everyone else has said on the quality of product and fitment issues, im not so sure anymore. so while scrolling across EBAY, i found two listings, niether of which refer in anyway to steelcraft unless im mistaken.... i'll post the links below. if these are not steelcraft, has anyone els had any experience with these? is it possible that they all have the same issues?

N-Dure guards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350709764523

No clue brand guards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-13-Jeep-L...e1b9b4&vxp=mtr

stock but not for long.
cherokeeshrop91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm pretty sure there is only one design out right now and a few different companies that sell them, just re-branded.
Gageraid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
Liberty3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeeshrop91 View Post
alright so i WAS considering buying the steelcraft tailguards, but after reading what everyone else has said on the quality of product and fitment issues, im not so sure anymore. so while scrolling across EBAY, i found two listings, niether of which refer in anyway to steelcraft unless im mistaken.... i'll post the links below. if these are not steelcraft, has anyone els had any experience with these? is it possible that they all have the same issues?

N-Dure guards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350709764523

No clue brand guards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-13-Jeep-L...e1b9b4&vxp=mtr
[IMG][/IMG]

What issue?.
Liberty3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty3 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

What issue?.
I just realized you're in Holtsville. I run Nicolls from Sunrise up to Stony for class. This semester I was doing it 4 days a week, we have most likely crossed paths before...
Unread 05-10-2015, 02:27 AM   #5
cherokeeshrop91
2009 KK Liberty 

Liberty3, thanks for the pic and,
this link describes what i mean by issue of fitment and design, if no-one else has has any problems then that's all i need to know....

link on lost: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=37363

also Gage that makes perfect since, i just didn't know if maybe the materials they were made out of were different depending on brand or something odd like that...
stock but not for long.
cherokeeshrop91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #6
Liberty3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer524 View Post
I just realized you're in Holtsville. I run Nicolls from Sunrise up to Stony for class. This semester I was doing it 4 days a week, we have most likely crossed paths before...

Yes maybe we did, also I know you have a lift on your truck would like to pm you for some info on tire's, let me know.
Liberty3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty3 View Post
Yes maybe we did, also I know you have a lift on your truck would like to pm you for some info on tire's, let me know.
Feel free to PM me anytime you want. I'm almost always around.
Unread 05-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #8
2010Limited
2010 KK Liberty 

I bought my kk limited 2 months ago and these came with it. I'm not a huge chrome fan so I took them off. They are just sitting around until I finally decide to paint or plasti dip them. Pretty simple to put on and take off, no fitment issues at all.
2010Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #9
Drednot
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeeshrop91 View Post
alright so i WAS considering buying the steelcraft tailguards, but after reading what everyone else has said on the quality of product and fitment issues, im not so sure anymore. so while scrolling across EBAY, i found two listings, niether of which refer in anyway to steelcraft unless im mistaken.... i'll post the links below. if these are not steelcraft, has anyone els had any experience with these? is it possible that they all have the same issues.
Yeah, i have these. Saved me from scratching my taillight when I hit the garbage can the other day.

Mine had this same issue, but, like all aftermarket parts, there is some care that needs to be taken to properly fit them to your vehicle.

The deal is that the 1/8" gap between your hatch and light is barely big enough for the tab. Just mount them and ease the hatch down gently and check for interference. A little tweaking of the tabs and sanding of the thick powder coat was all it takes. My daughter uses them as ladders all the time and they have not budged.

I recommend them.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #10
DrD28

After some minor fabrication of the tabs. I put black door trim on the hatch to take care of any potential rubbing
DrD28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.