Already in the shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Already in the shop

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
atljeepkid

Already in the shop

Haven't even made my 1st payment yet & my jet has already been in the shop. Keypads stopped working & sunroof has leaked 3 times already. They replaced the weather strip & adjusted the sunroof. Also re-programmed my keypads. I had to show my *** to get a rental. Hope this is not the start of of problems!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 11-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Sounds like the way I started my Jeep life withy Cherokee in 2007 when it was layed up after 6 days of ownership.

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Grand cherokee or cherokee? 2007, a cherokee would be several years old at least,lol. Not sure why people keep buying the sunroof models, with all the reports of water leaks with them.

Of course.. it could also be a taste of Fiat... Fix It Again Tony.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
rescue575
2011 KK Liberty 

Ha ha...yes. Was an '07 GRAND Cherokee! Sorry, I my fingers are to fat to type the whole thing on this little phone!

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
atljeepkid

This new ownership into jeep has just been crazy. I have about 3k miles on my liberty now. Love the jeep overall, just not the trips I've made to the shop. It goes in maybe later today or next week with the sunroof issue again for some replacement parts & a new headliner. In all the work that's been going on, the workers got grease and all other kinda stuff all over my headliner. Well in an attempt of them cleaning it off they left water stains all over the roof. I was NOT happy! Now they have to replace it! NOT happy about that. I wish people would do there job with some pride lol. Going to have automatic start put in while its at the dealership. Excited for that!! Also have some noise issues. Breaks are squeaky also which is annoying and some unusual sounds when going over a speedbump or backing out the driveway off the curb. Just want my jeep fixed and working correctly. I'm paying to much money for issues.

Unread 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
atljeepkid

The problems just keep racking up!! My jet spent the week at the dealership while I drive a cruise for 3 days & a captiva for 2 days. Wasn't happy about the rentals!! LoL. So this time were dealing with a leaking sunroof still, squeaking breaks, horrible front end noises when going over a speed bump or a bump in the road, key pads not working, and a water stained headliner. ( dealership stained it). Well I was also have remote start installed. That was done & got those new keys as well as 2 new standard keys. I'm told the breaks squeak is from moisture on the pads. (BS) The noise I was hearing was from a loose left front end control arm. I was told it was retorqued but its still making the noise. So it will be going back. My corporate case manager has authorized new break pads be put on so it will go back in for that also. The "new" headliner is also another issue. I was told a new one was put in. Well I go back & there was stains all over it. What I think they did was "clean" the whole thing witch has now caused it to turn a golden color. The sun shade & sun visors stand out like crazy. The service department says oh well. I spoke with the VP of the dealership today & he says he wants to make it right. We will see next week what happens. Love the jeep over all just not all the problems.
atljeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Sorry to hear about your issues hope you get them resolved. I had a few issues with mine, but now it's been running great. Good luck
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
kxeddiexp

Guys, pursue the lemon law. Its really simple. Just keep all your paper receipts from dealer shop. Google a lemon law law firm.

Usually you dont pay a dime! They take your case and if they win, you win. And chrysler is responsible by law to pay the lemon law firm. Its a win win. If they lose, you still pay nothing. Thats why these lemon law firms try hard to win.
kxeddiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
atljeepkid

I will be looking into it. My headliner is falling out now! I'm dealing with a guy from jeep in headquarters now & he already mentioned buying it back.

Unread 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljeepkid View Post
I will be looking into it. My headliner is falling out now! I'm dealing with a guy from jeep in headquarters now & he already mentioned buying it back.

Your better off with a buy back instead of Lemon law,I did both with Chrysler,and with Lemon law,they deduct the use of the vehicle,(miles) and you lose value.With buy back,just what they do,buy back your vehicle with what the MSRP is,no lost of value.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #11
atljeepkid

Well corporate just closed my case without my knowledge & consent. I had to open a new one. The other one had been open since November. Just pisses me off. My car is still not fixed! It goes back to the shop Friday! I am just so over all of this crap!! I've wasted so much time gas and effort. I've contacted my lawyer about all this. The guy from headquarters won't even return my phone calls & I've been calling for 2 weeks now!

Unread 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #12
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljeepkid View Post
Well corporate just closed my case without my knowledge & consent. I had to open a new one. The other one had been open since November. Just pisses me off. My car is still not fixed! It goes back to the shop Friday! I am just so over all of this crap!! I've wasted so much time gas and effort. I've contacted my lawyer about all this. The guy from headquarters won't even return my phone calls & I've been calling for 2 weeks now!

I just had a claim with Chrysler,and was told they cannot close your claim until you tell them your satisfied with your repair.If they closed your claim without your consent,that is not suppose to happen.I was told is the only way they would close your claim,is if they tried to contact you,and you didnt respond.The claim agent said to open a new case, and they will look through your files,and should see your other claim.I would call 1-877-426-5337,and start a new case.I had several claims with Chrysler,and never had them close my case,unless I told them I was satisfied.I hope you can your problem resolved.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
atljeepkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd

I just had a claim with Chrysler,and was told they cannot close your claim until you tell them your satisfied with your repair.If they closed your claim without your consent,that is not suppose to happen.I was told is the only way they would close your claim,is if they tried to contact you,and you didnt respond.The claim agent said to open a new case, and they will look through your files,and should see your other claim.I would call 1-877-426-5337,and start a new case.I had several claims with Chrysler,and never had them close my case,unless I told them I was satisfied.I hope you can your problem resolved.
That's what I thought!! I got a email today that the jeep rep for the dealership closed it. I've yet to speak with him. I'm rather pissed off about it. I did open a new case but having to re explain everything. So annoying! I just was my jeep FIXED!

Unread 02-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
jay2k
2010 KK Liberty 

Dude, my jeep heading into the shop Monday for a soaked headliner as well. I do have the sunroof, but the headliner has a stain all the way around the back. I'm really hoping to get this fixed, but it doesn't sound good. Check engine light came on at 23002 miles the other day as well. Put some fresh gas in her yesterday and the light went back off..?? Rear brakes sound like grinding steel and a horrible grinding noise when I back up and turn the wheel. Other than that I like the thing. Wife bought it last summer and I got out of my pickup and into this. Man I miss my truck.
jay2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
atljeepkid

Well we are still on going. Have my jeep back right now. Still having issues, but I am told they arnt issues. I dont know what I am talking about. But I would say that a leaking sunroof, squeaky breaks, grinding breaks, and keyless entry/auto start not working are issues. I got a call from the dealership field rep this week and it was the nastiest call I have every got in my life! He was so nasty to me and it was all so uncalled for. He called me from a blocked number over and over till I picked up and attacked me from the start. He told me that I am a liar, dont know what I am talking about. He accused me of purposely tearing up my car trying to just get rid of it, and went on and on. I have had to open case after case with jeep and he just keeps closing them. He told me good luck getting anything fixed! He was yelling at me the whole first part of the phone call. I am an adult. I am 22. I tried talking and when he kept talking over me, and cutting me off I started to yell back. Then he tells me he isnt a child and not to yell. So its ok for him to do it, but not me? I sure hope Jeep doesnt allow someone like that to work for them. He was SO unprofessional, and pretty much told me to screw off. He isnt allowing one thing to be fixed on my jeep. Suck it up and deal with it. Well I am paying a nice CHUNK for this thing and it really pisses me off. I cant trade it, because what I owe and what my trade in value is, is to far apart and I am not having a sky high car payment. I dont know who to turn to to report this man! But I think he needs a report filed. I wish I could have known this was going to happen because I would have recorded the phone call to have proof. I just want my car fixed. We are on headliner #3. Sunroof #3, keys #2, and the list goes on. UGHHHHH

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.