Alignment Tips/Recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Alignment Tips/Recommendations?

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 08-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Alignment Tips/Recommendations?

I recently got the Firestone Lifetime Alignment after lifting (JBA 2.5" Silver) and they were not able to get everything in spec. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations I can provide Firestone to get the alignment in spec? I was told alignment numbers were ok as far as tire wear and driveability.
Here's the specs:

_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

i take it stock UCA's still? If yes to that your not going to get a good alignment for some time,later down the road after the lift settles it will get better.

Tell them to sacrifice caster to get camber in spec,just make sure cross caster is within 0.5 degrees and you will be fine.
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
i take it stock UCA's still? If yes to that your not going to get a good alignment for some time,later down the road after the lift settles it will get better.

Tell them to sacrifice caster to get camber in spec,just make sure cross caster is within 0.5 degrees and you will be fine.
Thanks for the tip.
I've got JBA's UCAs and the lift has been on for over 2K miles with lots of trips to the beach (deep ruts, very soft sand) and I live at the end of an unpaved road.
I just put RL Sliders, SpiderTrax spacers, and rotated the tires. Tire wear and handling have been great, just wanting to see if alignment can be in spec. I'm taking it back to Firestone Monday.
Thanks again.
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Sorry, just reread my first post, guess I should have defined "recently".

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.