Alignement 2010 KK 3" lift - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
smorton84c
2010 KK Liberty 

Garage
Alignement 2010 KK 3" lift

Morning..... I have recently leveled out my Jeep Libby KK with a clevis lif in the front..... on top of the Rockfather lift kit.
Having issues with people wanting to align my front end.... the tops of the tires are a bit farther out the bottoms..... looking for a good alignment shop in Brampton to do this.
Anybody know any?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Can't help you find a place, but 3" should be well within the realm of alignment. Did you replace the upper control arms? I haven't looked at RRO products in a while. In general the Liberty owners stay away from them (and a few other places...).

Has it been aligned since the lift? That would also explain positive camber. You want to fix that asap. It'll kill the outside edge of you're tires (stupid fast too), and it's not the safest or easiest to drive without an alignment. The specs are so out of whack after adding a lift it's not funny.

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
post #3 of 9 Old 08-11-2017, 10:14 AM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Do you have a full spring lift or the very bad OTT spacer

MUDD'S MOTORSPORTS
04 KJ JBA 4 IN COILOVER, 32s 4.10s
03 KJ JBA 2.5 T.C. LIFT, 31s 4.10s

post #4 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
smorton84c
2010 KK Liberty 

Garage
I have had no issues with the OME kit [ basically] that I bought from RRO , but did not use the spacer they sent . The OME springs that I ordered were HD and brought the truck where I wanted it without the spacers..... I used all new struts and such as well. nothing is factory in the front suspension at all. ...and I replaced the UCA's with JBA earlier this year. Issue came after I leveled the truck in the front with a 3/8" clevis lift . It handles OK , and I don't see wear on the tires , but I can see that the top part of the tire is slightly out.....and dropping a plumb line confirmed it.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 06:27 AM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorton84c View Post
I have had no issues with the OME kit [ basically] that I bought from RRO , but did not use the spacer they sent . The OME springs that I ordered were HD and brought the truck where I wanted it without the spacers..... I used all new struts and such as well. nothing is factory in the front suspension at all. ...and I replaced the UCA's with JBA earlier this year. Issue came after I leveled the truck in the front with a 3/8" clevis lift . It handles OK , and I don't see wear on the tires , but I can see that the top part of the tire is slightly out.....and dropping a plumb line confirmed it.
First at least you did not go with the OTT spacer, good for you. Since you just used the OME springs you are good especially with the JBA arms
BUT anytime you do something/anything to the front suspension YOU MUST get a new alignment

MUDD'S MOTORSPORTS
post #6 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
smorton84c
2010 KK Liberty 

Garage
I fully agree..... hence I am looking for an alignment shop in Toronto area....soon as I mention it is lifted all the local shops say no.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 08:26 AM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorton84c View Post
I fully agree..... hence I am looking for an alignment shop in Toronto area....soon as I mention it is lifted all the local shops say no.
LOL thats due to them not having a good alignment tech. No difference in aligning a lifted or stock height one, look at smaller shops ( mom and pop type places)

MUDD'S MOTORSPORTS
post #8 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Idk if you have a Firestone up there. They do my KK here in NY with no problems. I only let 1 guy touch the truck though. He drives a lifted ifs Ram 1500, and knows his stuff. The rest..... lets move on from that lol.

Oh I should mention that they honor my lifetime alignment too.

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
post #9 of 9 Old 08-18-2017, 11:07 PM
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

In early 05 when I lifted my 04 went to a Firestone store for an alignment
They told me they couldn't touch it since they didn't have the tools needed to do the job. BUT as soon as I returned it to stock height please come back
Also went to Goodyear, another brand name tire store in the area. Stopped at a small local garage, owner came out and looked and said heck yes we can. They also did over 20 more for me after that

MUDD'S MOTORSPORTS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.